How to Hire Chinese Programmers?

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHow to Hire Chinese Programmers?

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photodove.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m not sure this post belongs in this section… but …

I’m working for a USA based company (actually I’m a partner in the company, and CTO).

We need to hire some remote programmers to do mostly Javascript work. We’re focused on Angular.js, React.js and Google’s Polymer.

Anyone know how I go about hiring some remote programmers from Chengdu. I live here, but they would be paid from San Antonio.

We could hire a couple of interns, or full-time depending on the people.

Does anyone have any contacts I could talk to ?

Thanks for any help,

Brad

Participant

I think you will get many inquiry if you post this kind of information on website like 智联。

Participant

What is CBN? Is it a Chengdu specific website? We can post on many job sites, but I’m specifically looking for programmers from Chengdu. I’m in Chengdu, so I can meet with them occasionally if they are from Chengdu.

Keymaster

What is CBN? Is it a Chengdu specific website? We can post on many job sites, but I’m specifically looking for programmers from Chengdu. I’m in Chengdu, so I can meet with them occasionally if they are from Chengdu

Job sites have got to be the best place. You can search by location on job sites, to look for candidates from a particular city or region. With that said, hiring local programmers to work on non-Chinese applications is a nightmare, in my experience.

Participant

hiring local programmers to work on non-Chinese applications is a nightmare

Especially if your goal is to hire interns or lower cost devs.. quality devs exist but are few and far between, and the ones with language skills to match are even fewer – and expensive!

Participant

If you ask a Chinese friend to help you post on job sites, that would be perfect.

Seeing a few talking about language issues, 1) I suggest to add language requirements when you post. In China, people graduated from colleges usually hold CET4 /CET6 certificate 2) when you interview them, communicate in English and see if they know what you are talking about.

Since you want programmers from Chengdu, list this one as one of job requirements also.

P.S. most often used job sites in China:

51job.com

zhaopin. com

Let me know if you have any questions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.