I Teach English

HomeForumsIn ChengduI Teach English

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am originally from the USA, and have been working in East Asia for several years, engaged in international trade.  I am now in ChengDu for further study, and I have 10 hours per week to devote to teaching English.

I am located near Sichuan University, and I will hold classes either on campus or in my apartment, which is 3 minutes from JiuYanQiao.

I want to work with students who are preparing for the Toefl test, or similar standardized exams, or students who are preparing to go abroad for further study.

I will teach business English to execs in local companies to improve their written and spoken English for business purposes and product presentation.

I will consider paying a finders fee, or commission, to any agent who refers qualified students to me.

My education is:  BA from USA Ivy League university, with many years international trade experience, and I am now fluent in Chinese after studying HanYu for five years.

Keymaster

An Ivy League-educated English teacher isn’t something you see here often. You can look for jobs here: Hiring English Teachers in Chengdu

Participant

Thank you very much.

The tuition at The University of Pennsylvania is USD50,000 per year, plus room and board, and so perhaps it is not easy to recoup these expenses from just teaching English in ChengDu.

I, however, am here principally for further HanYu study, and I only need to cover my apartment rental, about USD500 per month.

I will also do English-Chinese and Chinese-English interpreting for business meetings, and for incoming foreign trade delegations or visits by major USA or European companies.  I have about 30 years business experience in import/export from East Asia to USA, primarily.

I think that I would be most interested in interpreting for business and trade related venues, but I have also coached Toefl in the past for free, and very much enjoyed doing so.

Again, thank you, and I will appreciate any further feedback sent my way to help with this project!

Participant

I’ve been running a Language Studio at Jade City, if you are interested in teaching English and have TESOL or TEFEL,could send your CV to our email address: [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.