Ideal Place for a Weekend Getaway

HomeForumsClassifiedsMarketplaceIdeal Place for a Weekend Getaway

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We have been staying in the flat since last Sat, and kids have been complain it is too hot, today I finally get two air-cons installed in the bed rooms…now it is perfect, but we are heading off to Kangding tomorrow. If you are wondering what to do this weekend, check out Dujiangyan :http://rivertownstay.weebly.com/things-to-do23567224783341030446.html
    and our holiday home: http://rivertownstay.weebly.com/the-place23567203032903129255.html
    Wish you all a lovely weekend!

Participant

This looks great!

Participant

Thank you Maz, put in your to do list when you get in Sichuan.

Our last tenant write to me and said it would be perfect if I install the 3rd air-con in the living room because they spent enormous time hang out in the flat rather than hang out in the city! Well…it is done by yesterday, each room has a air-con now!
    I wonder you guys are not worried about globe warming? !

Participant

A weekend getaway is definitely up there high on my list 🙂

Keymaster

A weekend getaway is definitely up there high on my list

Mine too. To anyone who hasn’t been, Dujiangyan is really worth checking out. Easily accessible via the bullet train from Chengdu.

Participant

In my experience heading out to Dujiangyan / Qingcheng – the only reason I keep going back is to hang at the Howard Johnson hotsprings near Qingcheng front mountain entrance. It’s one of the best/quietest/chill hotsprings I’ve found in China, and the hotel is clean and near the mountain. Can jaunt into Dujiangyan to sit by the mini-dam/bridges or whatever area it is and wander when the lights are up for a nice evening before heading back for hot springs. If you have your own transportation you could, should you prefer it, rent this place and drive out there for a dip, but I highly recommended whatever lodging option to check out the hotsprings 😀

Keymaster

In my experience heading out to Dujiangyan / Qingcheng – the only reason I keep going back is to hang at the Howard Johnson hotsprings near Qingcheng front mountain entrance. It’s one of the best/quietest/chill hotsprings I’ve found in China, and the hotel is clean and near the mountain.

Do you remember how much it costs? I’ve been to other hot springs there, but not HoJo.

Participant

Rick, when was your last time in HoJo hot springs? It used to be our must go place every time we were in Dujianyan but it was such a let down in Feb this year during CNY, it costed RMB 250 per head and there were grandparents cleaning themselves in pools and kids eat and drink in pools…it was a pity, but may be it is because of CNY time. It used to be nice, clean and quiet!

Participant

Hi there, is your place available this coming weekend , say Friday to Sunday? is there a baby cot  in the flat? we have a 2Y girl.  Thank s!

Participant

oops, sorry for being late in replying, I was flying yesterday.
    Yes it is available for this weekend, but no baby cot. You can book and pay deposit directly at:
    http://rivertownstay.weebly.com/reserve3904435746.html

Participant

@Charlie
    Yes, if you stay at the hotel which whenever I went ranged a bit but typically around 700-800/night also used to include entrance to hotspring for 2, but maybe some booking sites offer this/don’t offer this so make sure to check if that’s the case. If you pay separately it was like 110 or 120/pp last I checked. I find that on weekends, it’s busier just after dinner, and if you stay late (they stay open til like 2am) there’s typically nobody at all there…and they do serve beer by the tin (used to serve BBQ, don’t think so any more).

@Rivertown
    There is NO WAY I would go somewhere like a hotspring during CNY. I wouldn’t be surprised if they jack the price, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the fecal content of each individual pool rose by several thousand percent. I’d rather shoot myself in the face. CNY, I either avoid leaving home at all, or leave all the way out of China before until after the holiday concludes…… it’s, to me, a plague. 😀

Participant

@Justintochina:

here’s a trail I hiked recently, not much cement.

http://en.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=7539812

Participant

Thanks Biran, the trial is very close to my flat! will definite give a try next time in Dujiangyan…please keep me posted for interesting places near by! Cheers!

Participant

Hi Chengduren, the flat is still available for the holiday week of Oct 1, but I will be away next week with limited internet access…book it now if you fancy a nice relax holiday with very short travelling…

Participant

Our cleaning lady just told me that the tanents of last weekend smoked in the flat; I am here to emphasis the flat is forbidden to smoke inside and I mean it. There are two balconies where you can smoke…if you cannot respect this rule and honor your words, please stay away.

Keymaster

Our cleaning lady just told me that the tanents of last weekend smoked in the flat; I am here to emphasis the flat is forbidden to smoke inside and I mean it. There are two balconies where you can smoke…if you cannot respect this rule and honor your words, please stay away.

Perhaps you should send this message directly to your tenants.

Participant

I surely did. Just want to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Participant

Hello Chengdu! Happy Year of Goat! Looking for a weekend getaway? Check out Dujiangyan, check out my place http://rivertownstay.weebly.com/
    No smoking inside please.

Participant

I went biking yesterday in Dujiangyan at 环山公路, so nice and quiet! Best time to go…highly recommend!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

I have been using Uber in Chengdu for past 3 days…what a handy App, absolute Love Uber! Sadly it is not available to go to Dujiangyan…why is that? isn’t DJY part of Chengdu?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Marketplace’ is closed to new topics and replies.