Pursuing Acting in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduPursuing Acting in Chengdu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Who should I be introduced to if I want to pursue my acting career while living in Chengdu? I’ve just moved to Chengdu roughly 3 weeks ago and it seems damn near impossible to crack the Chengdu acting code. Producers, agents, casting directors, directors?

If anyone out there knows of anything that could lead me to an audition I would be forever grateful.

Thanks!

Emily

Keymaster

Surely you didn’t expect to arrive in Chengdu and within a month be connected to people like that… it takes time! Do you speak Chinese, or are you around local people much? Do you have acting experience, or formal credentials in this area?

My assumption would be that there aren’t many roles for foreigners in deep inland China. And those that there are would most likely go to those who’ve been here a long time, who speak Chinese, know people, and are integrated into the culture of Chengdu.

If you came to China to pursue an acting career, I think you would want to be in Beijing, Shanghai or Hong Kong. There is not much of a local film industry that I have heard of.

Participant

Thanks for your prompt response! I get the very same sense that there isn’t a local/independent film industry (to speak of) around Chengdu, so just thought I’d drop a line here. China is a great place, but I specifically love Chengdu and want to create a life here rather than the aforementioned cities.

I am a trained actor, but I won’t go into that boring stuff. I just wanted to know if there was something I didn’t know in regard to the acting scene in Chengdu.

Thank you for doing what you do!!!!

Rock and roll

Keymaster

Thanks for your prompt response! I get the very same sense that there isn’t a local/independent film industry (to speak of) around Chengdu, so just thought I’d drop a line here. China is a great place, but I specifically love Chengdu and want to create a life here rather than the aforementioned cities. I am a trained actor, but I won’t go into that boring stuff. I just wanted to know if there was something I didn’t know in regard to the acting scene in Chengdu. Thank you for doing what you do!!!! Rock and roll

Add me on WeChat and I can introduce you to someone who may be able to point you in the right direction!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.