iPhone 4S Free with Contract

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussioniPhone 4S Free with Contract

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Check this out: China Unicom Free iPhone 4S with Contact

China unicom 2 year contract at 286 yuan/month=free 16gb iphone 4S

3 year contract at same price=free 32 gb iphone 4s

Starts next friday (13th)

I hope this plan comes with a lot of data. I hope these stores carry a lot of iphones.

Participant

Hi Ben, where u from?

Participant

USA

That’s a great deal if as you say the data stands up as reasonable. I picked up an HK version of the 4s early last month in Chengdu for 5400 RMB, which over 24 months would have equated to 225 RMB monthly. I’ve then paid 890 RMB for a 2 year contract (inc. sim) with China Unicom, which credits me with 120 RMB monthly against the 180 RMB 650MB data plan, leaving me with 60 RMB to pay monthly. Total cost over 24 months standing at 285 RMB monthly, I may have saved my self 1 whole RMB each month!! (conveniently forgetting the contract fee of course!)

Who says it doesn’t pay to be first!!?

Participant

“China Unicom’s 3G business has been a money-losing operation for the carrier through the first six months of 2011. Subsidies of smartphones reportedly accounted for 45 percent of the 3G service costs.”

Hmmm.. It is a good buy, saving 24 RMB over a two year span is a sweet heart deal… Might be good for those who cant dish out the 5400 RMB in one sitting. Now i wonder how much would it cost to break the contract if this deal is a go….

Participant

Lost my phone last month. Went to China Unicom. Said “give me a new number and SIM card, and I wanna throw 300 kuai on it”. They said “if you’re gonna put 300 on your account, we can give you a free phone!!” Responded: “I have a spare phone. I don’t want your phone”. Flabbergasted salesman: “It’s free! Give it to a friend!” Asked Flabbergasted: “No catch right? No super-fine print (even super-huge wouldnt matter; i cant read Chinese)?” What the hell, you wanna give me a phone, i could care less. Strange world….

Participant

Unicom’s current iPhone packages:

http://iphone.10010.com/

Why even bother with an Iphone when the Samsung Galaxy II (LTE) is both cheaper and better? Plus android gives you more possibilities

I don’t get the whole Apple hype…

Quote:
    I don’t get the whole Apple hype…

Wait a while until you’ve owned that good looking Galaxy for a bit, and see if you don’t get it just a little bit!

It’s hugely about brand loyalty of course, and this has been discussed in a previous thread already, so no need to venture too far back now. I’ll say for myself I’ve had multiple nightmare scenarios with Windows for one, which first caused my jump to Apple when they released their first generation MacBook Pro in ’06. I did have an HTC on Android for a year, and found it to be less than straight forward, or consistently reliable, even if somewhat flexible. Apple’s dominance and loyalty is found in it’s consistent stability of all platforms, and the strength of it’s brand design and presence. I’ve seen some really good looking Android phones, particularly the Samsung models, but as an Apple user I dig the interoperability of the products I own (MacBook/iPad/Iphone/iTouch).

End of Apple fan letter.

haha, fair enough. to each his own

as long as you don’t tell me Steve Jobs is a god and that you waited in line to buy his book

Quote:
    as long as you don’t tell me Steve Jobs is a god and that you waited in line to buy his book

He might be a god now that he’s dead (in an alternate universe!), but I personally know enough about the guy to not feel inclined to read said book, even with plenty of great looking fake copies around!

Keymaster

On contact in China is the best way to get an iPhone that I have seen, anywhere in the world. You pay a low price for the device and the 3G service is really cheap as well. All around great deal. The only downside that I’ve experienced with that the iPhone 4 that I got on contract with China Unicom in October 2010 is that it didn’t come with the Youtube app installed (pretty much no complaints). It’ll be great when the 4S is no longer a gray market device here, the price will drop dramatically.

Quote:
    He might be a god now that he’s dead (in an alternate universe!), but I personally know enough about the guy to not feel inclined to read said book, even with plenty of great looking fake copies around!

That’s too bad. It’s a fantastic book and it’s very honest about his shortcomings, as Steve Jobs wanted.

Participant

Ahhh, this looks very enticing. Does anyone know where in Chengdu is a reputable Apple store that would be selling iPhones?

Participant

Ahhh, this looks very enticing. Does anyone know where in Chengdu is a reputable Apple store that would be selling iPhones?

Keymaster

This is official! I got a text message from China Unicom about the release of the 4S. The best place to get the 4S is straight from China Unicom in my opinion.

Keymaster

This is official! I got a text message from China Unicom about the release of the 4S. The best place to get the 4S is straight from China Unicom in my opinion.

Participant

i checked with the telco recently and was told that SIRI in Iphone 4S will not be available in China sets… I wonder if this is true….

Participant

i checked with the telco recently and was told that SIRI in Iphone 4S will not be available in China sets… I wonder if this is true….

Participant

I can’t imagine Siri wouldn’t be available. Maybe they misunderstood because it doesn’t understand Chinese (yet, I’ve read that Apple is working on that.)

Participant

I can’t imagine Siri wouldn’t be available. Maybe they misunderstood because it doesn’t understand Chinese (yet, I’ve read that Apple is working on that.)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 78 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.