iPhone 6 Release 10/17 at MixC Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduiPhone 6 Release 10/17 at MixC Chengdu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys

How difficult is it to attend an iphone release at the official apple store Mixcchengdu?

Will there be toooooo many people standing in line?
    Will I be able to get an iPhone if I go in the afternoon during lunch?
    Any experiences anyone?
    Is it difficult to get one without a pre-order as it was immediately sold out this morning..

Thanks

Keymaster

I really doubt you’ll be able to just walk up and buy one. I assume that there will be people selling iPhones at the door at inflated prices – I hear this is what they’re doing in Hong Kong. If you preordered one (there are 20 million pre-orders in China already, apparently) then you’ll be fine. You can pre-order here, also.

Participant

Just as a review, absolutely very happy with both of our phones — wife and I have a 64g 4.7 and 5.5 respectively. She is OK with the big one because she has a purse. I prefer the small one to fit in my pocket. When actually holding the 5.5, it doesn’t feel nearly *as big* as some of the other 5.5s..and the big benefit is the extra battery life, but I absolutely require my phone to fit in my pockets comfortably, and 4.7 is borderline phablety enough for my taste.

Very happy with the phones..absolutely. Enjoy! 😀

Keymaster

Just as a review, absolutely very happy with both of our phones — wife and I have a 64g 4.7 and 5.5 respectively. She is OK with the big one because she has a purse. I prefer the small one to fit in my pocket. When actually holding the 5.5, it doesn’t feel nearly *as big* as some of the other 5.5s..and the big benefit is the extra battery life, but I absolutely require my phone to fit in my pockets comfortably, and 4.7 is borderline phablety enough for my taste. Very happy with the phones..absolutely. Enjoy!

Nice, I look forward to it! I will probably be selling an iPhone 5 on here soon.

Participant

last year there didn’t seem to be a big craze for the iphone 5s seemed it was easy to pick-up at any apple authorized locations, though i didn’t buy one, but when i wanted to buy the ipad air i had to wait a couple weeks cause i wanted the 128gb and i think they just didn’t stock enough of that size ( the only reason i went to mixc cause the resellers were just stocking the smaller GB ), i would think that there would only be a line up for the pre ordered people at mixc i would think it would be easier/faster to just go to one of the smaller authorized sellers

Participant

i would think it would be easier/faster to just go to one of the smaller authorized sellers

No.

There is still a waiting period overseas. All phones are shipped *from China* – and any orders placed, say, in Australia, you can view their actual shipment starting in China. My wife’s 5.5 was only shipped and received on the 10th of October (64gig model) in Australia, luckily I had a coworker flying back the day after it was delivered to our office there so there wasn’t any real wait….her phone was ordered *the same day* as it became available for pre-order internationally, just that it was outside of the ten minute or so window in which that model combination would be delilvered on Sept. 19th. What does this indicate:

They are backordered significantly. Some models are not, for example, if you want a 4.7″ 16gig or 128gig model, they were available for immediate delivery far longer than the 64gig model… etc. The larger phones are significantly longer waits – and for release in most countries, 3rd party resellers (including phone companies who sold w/ contracts & subsidies) received only a SINGLE plus model for release day.

Since there are still such large backorders internationally still being fulfilled, and since China has, within what..a day, after offering pre-orders online, received more than a million pre-orders…I would say your chances of showing up at either the official store or any 3rd party and expecting to simply pick up a phone is zero. They will obviously keep a stock that will NOT fulfil backorders and will be available for purchase in-store on opening day, however to even imagine that they wont sell out to the line-up on the initial day is, in my opinion, short-sighted and not really understanding the demand.

I’d strongly suggest pre-ordering and waiting, or getting to the store super early with lots of warm clothes, or expecting to wait to upgrade…if you don’t have one already, the chances are you’re OK with waiting, so probably just pre-order and chill until it arrives. 😀

(Here’s the initial shipment tracking information for the 64gig 5.5, ordered on September 12th, in Australia:
    05 Oct 2014 19:58:10 Zhengzhou Shipment Collected From Customer”)

Participant

ok seems it is no problem picking up an iphone6 today went to a couple places and they all had stock ready to sell…. BUT… only the 6 and not the 6+ and only 16gb but i have a guy tracking a 6+ 128gb down for me, so thinking its not to hard to find them, though i would think mixc would be a zoo

Participant

16gb 6 was never one of the in demand models. 😛 Let me guess, lots of gold ones, too!

Keymaster

ok seems it is no problem picking up an iphone6 today went to a couple places and they all had stock ready to sell…. BUT… only the 6 and not the 6+ and only 16gb but i have a guy tracking a 6+ 128gb down for me, so thinking its not to hard to find them, though i would think mixc would be a zoo

How much did they cost?

I just gave 5,300 rmb to a friend going to HK tomorrow to pick up a 64gb iPhone 6.

Participant

I popped into these shops last night as i was heading out and asked them if they would have the 6+ today, they said no, so i’m thinking the didn’t even try to stock them and went for the smallest and cheapest version for the local market, that don’t want to spend too much money on trying to be zhuang B or 2Hao lol and they only had grey ones left… 🙂 same as last year with the ipad air they only stocked the 16gb……

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.