Are There Any Investment Opportunities?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAre There Any Investment Opportunities?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Im new here working as an english teacher and was hoping to invest nevertheless…I was just wondering if anyone knew about how to make some money on the side while working your 9 to 5 job. i heard there are business investors/brokers  who ask for a reasonable amount of money and pay you back monthly with profit too, if anyone can please direct to a secure source (company, website or a business man) that is willing to make my money work and who is reliable course

kind ragards

Participant

Here’s how far I would trust any mainland ‘investor/broker’ with my money:

^ That far.

Participant

haha cheers mate for your opinion, i can see Rick your not very fond of making risks let alone mingling with the locals here. but the fact is im sure theres some legitimate business company where such things can be handled by (like contracts and what not) although i never really found anyone so i cant say i have experience in such things on the other hand lets just see what happens 🙂

Participant

re: risks/locals
    I’ve invested in equities for a decade and a half, and I’ve lived here since 2003 / married a local — your analysis of me is far off.. I’m just giving you some advice: people who seem legit and sign contracts occasionally disappear here, with all the money they’ve captured up. My wife is currently engaged in many simultaneous lawsuits, for example, right now, because the HR/worker management 3rd party company that they hired to manage the migrant workers/pay them/etc for a property development didn’t actually pay the workers and after a while, just disappeared – leaving tons of angry workers and an unfinished property, which of course spirals into lots of unhappy pre-buyers who don’t get their apartments delivered on time.

If you want to find somewhere to put your money via strangers on a forum, though, I’m sure you’ll find lots of people offering lots of “great opportunities”, wish you luck with that one 😀

(insert image of a gif with a bunch of people in guy fawkes masks laughing with bags of money in hands, and you holding a napkin, exclaiming “But I have a contract!”)

Participant

Dear Mouze,

I must say that I pretty much agree with Rick. I would also think twice before investing in China mainland due to:

1) Stock prices are heavily influenced by other than economical aspects what adds another risk to the business (as a result many people in China get very rich by these trades but much bigger quantity bankrupts).

2) There are many legitimate companies but unless you are fluent in Chinese both spoken and written (and by fluent I really mean fluent – being able to read and fully understand the contracts written in Chinese) and have basic awareness about China legal system (which quite differs from both common and civil law in the West – even though Chinese system is a civil law) so you may end up badly as the company (or in worse case person) will not hesitate to take the advantage of you wherever possible

3) There are of course fraudulent practices here but I would be ‘scared’ of them the least as I assume the above two problems are over weighing them. Due diligence without excessive trust should also protect you from the real scammers.

I am more surprised that you were not approached already by numerous traders and brokers who are eager to sell their service to you. I am not exaggerating when saying that I am approached every day by Wechat or QQ with some really great offers …

Saying all of this it does not mean that there are not some ‘less risky’investments in China mainland. Some of my good friends are ‘lending money’ to companies like Tencent and so far it works quite well for them but from this you cannot get rich unless you invest really huge amounts (however in comparison to EU zero or even negative interest rates it’s still a bargain).

But again – to do it efficiently and in order to minimize the risk you shall be fluent in Chinese and being able to watch the market situation in the real time.

If you really want to invest so I would recommend you to consider either Hong Kong or Singapore where the stock exchange market is better regulated and even though it’s under the current world political situation still more a gambling so the non economical aspects (except of those  really global ones) are minimized.

However if you insist on investing into Chinese products so I will happily redirect all the offers I am receiving to you for your further follow up 🙂

Participant

Try the Business Connection or Entrepreneurship meetups. I need to check one of those out myself.

Participant

not to be the brunch in your butt brotha! but i was hoping for a more sincere reply although it looks like nothing good will come from a guy whos lived two lifes. im only here for helpful discussions not for beef mate, take it easy its all good Rick once again cheers for the reply and your wonderful opinion 😉

Participant

Dear Mouze, I must say that I pretty much agree with Rick. I would also think twice before investing in China mainland due to: 1) Stock prices are heavily influenced by other than economical aspects what adds another risk to the business (as a result many people in China get very rich by these trades but much bigger quantity bankrupts). 2) There are many legitimate companies but unless you are fluent in Chinese both spoken and written (and by fluent I really mean fluent – being able to read and fully understand the contracts written in Chinese) and have basic awareness about China legal system (which quite differs from both common and civil law in the West – even though Chinese system is a civil law) so you may end up badly as the company (or in worse case person) will not hesitate to take the advantage of you wherever possible 3) There are of course fraudulent practices here but I would be ‘scared’ of them the least as I assume the above two problems are over weighing them. Due diligence without excessive trust should also protect you from the real scammers. I am more surprised that you were not approached already by numerous traders and brokers who are eager to sell their service to you. I am not exaggerating when saying that I am approached every day by Wechat or QQ with some really great offers … Saying all of this it does not mean that there are not some ‘less risky’investments in China mainland. Some of my good friends are ‘lending money’ to companies like Tencent and so far it works quite well for them but from this you cannot get rich unless you invest really huge amounts (however in comparison to EU zero or even negative interest rates it’s still a bargain). But again – to do it efficiently and in order to minimize the risk you shall be fluent in Chinese and being able to watch the market situation in the real time. If you really want to invest so I would recommend you to consider either Hong Kong or Singapore where the stock exchange market is better regulated and even though it’s under the current world political situation still more a gambling so the non economical aspects (except of those really global ones) are minimized. However if you insist on investing into Chinese products so I will happily redirect all the offers I am receiving to you for your further follow up :)

Cheers Miro630 i appreciate your dedication on this post mate and i would like to add that i am very interested in people like you who have great knowledge in such sectors let alone details and would be happy to meet up with you for a couple of drinks to discuss such matters brotha!

Participant

Try the Business Connection or Entrepreneurship meetups. I need to check one of those out myself.

that would be a good choice mate i would feel more comfortable with people who know what there doing around here then me the new guy trying to take over mate… so yeah lets just say i have no idea where these meetings take place mate

Participant

I’m on my phone, search the forum.

Keymaster

Rick is right, he has paid his dues and is knoweldgeable. Anyone who’s spent a long time here will become jaded and mistrusting to a certain degree, Mainland China will do that to you. Be careful with money and business in China, there are many opportunities, but there are many more scams and ways to get taken advantage of. People who are new here, don’t speak Chinese or know much about Chinese culture are the easiest targets.

This is good advice. Great way to meet people. These events happen on a regular basis at the Beer Nest, there is information about that here on the forum.

Participant

amusing thread.

@Mouze: Don’t listen to Rick, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

There are indeed lots of great investment oportunities to be had here in China. As a matter of fact this very forum is actually quite famous for people asking for money to invest in their “projects”. I did a quick forum search and found this for you:

Can Somebody Help Me With Money?

Attention Internet: I Need a Loan

Can Anyone Lend Me Some Money?

I’m sure you will find more if you dig deeper. Keywords are: Money, lend, help out, pleeeze aso.

Knowledge of Chinese on your side isn’t necessary, since all the really trustworthy people will be able to speak English. And no need to actively go looking for oportunities, they will come to you like Miro says, although I’m not sure why he’s so concerned with fraud – seems to me like he dosn’t have to balls to gamble a bit with his money.

Participant

Dear muell,

I must say that I really did check by you quoted articles and your investment opportunities made my day.

I think this is pretty much what Rick meant 🙂

And you judged me absolutely correctly – I certainly do not have the balls to take naive (or mentally challenged …) peoples’ money as during the next life I want to come to this world with even better karma (which wish as such already successfully disqualifies me from Buddhist nirvana and any too good karma because wish is the wish and it means that I still did not succeed to get rid of my desires … 🙁 – but I think I can live with it 😉 ).

I think your reply describes quite well majority of the contributors feeling but you demonstrated that ‘old fashioned’ assertive approach works far the best.

Have a good afternoon!

Participant

Wow, expected turn.

“during the next life I want to come to this world with even better karma”

Look. I have an opportunity which is essentially a hedge fund – by which I mean I’ve been investing for ages and have a solid set of stocks. If you want to give me any amount of money worth the commission fee you can buy into my hedge, but it has NOTHING to do with CHINA whatsoever, and I can show you a growth over the years. I suppose the most notable player in the hedge (long term) is Apple since 2007. Bp was bought and jumped up 50% in 2 MONTHS as soon as their oil killed the Caribbean and become a socially irresponsible investment but I still made a quick buck (actually the profits from the 2 month buy/sell bought the Z4). None of this is nonsense, but has nothing to do with China, and has nothing to do with “monthly paybacks” or anything of the sort.. if you want into this kinda hedge (ie. personal service) it’d cost you the profits out of taxation (pay tax on profits taken overseas) and service fees on top (ie. your money makes money I take a cut like a motherfucker because I do the work and you do nothing but jerk off on underpaid masseuses well oiled hands).

I can show you the authenticated portfolio over the last few years as proof of the profits, but again it has nothing to do with China and actually costs a premium as a result. I’d expect a minimum of ~50k USD to buy in and make it worth the time, contracts in full both overseas and domestic if required. It’s a hedge, and there are several people involved, but quite frankly you look like dumb money so I’ll accept IF you meet the minimum standard of investment. In or out.

– Rick

Participant

Hey Rick,

I am pretty sure you do not talk to me as I can so far manage my portfolio to my full satisfaction and do not search for investment opportunity on social forums.

But your offer sounds interesting enough for anybody, who does search for such occasion on such a media, interesting 🙂

Wish you all good night as tomorrow is the last working day prior to new year holiday 🙂

Participant

@Miro sorry I totally grabbed that quote and attributed it to the OP! I was off my tits last night after a sake/beer buffet, not meant for you. 😀

Participant

what you seek is seeking you

To be fair we shouldn’t be hating about such nonsense and stop trying to be the bigger man here…lets forget the matter as no-one really knows where to find business matters nevertheless handing money to strangers isn’t business brotha!, my background in business is brilliant so wish me luck on any opportunities i find and ill make sure to update you guys.

kind regards

Participant

Hey Rick,

No issue! I hope you had fun yesterday night 🙂

Dear Mouze,

Just out of curiosity – how old are you and when did you come to China? Is Chengdu your first stop?

Nobody questions your business ability as there is no way how to judge the unknown person …

But you shall realize that your question attracted a bit of attention because if you have big spare money which you want to invest so you will immediately proceed with one of the reputable professional companies or ask a foreign bank for an advice. If you have relatively small money so it may not be worthy of the risk in the current China environment as you cannot get rich by small investment but easily may lose everything.

In case you are young so there is plenty of opportunities for foreigners to get here couple of hundreds (or thousands if really diligent) yuan extra.

Just look a bit around yourself and ask your Chinese colleagues and friends for guiding.

But if you really wanna gamble I can really give your contact to numerous, mostly girls, seeking anybody to invest into their shaky stocks. I just do not recommend you this way but it’s of course up to you.

No need to get upset or excited 🙂

To all then

恭喜发财!

Participant

i need to get to know more cool people here

iv got good amount of capital roughly 30k pounds in my savings..not willing to invest in all of it but looking for fast track opportunities mate so living here will be relaxing thats about it.. im 25 if age concerns you. but let me do some digging up first as china is not a country im familiar with but traveled to various different countries around the world  so im sure i can manage brotha and like i said will keep you guys formed if anything comes up..cheers for the support,  you guys are a handy pack of tools i must say with similar and different prospectives of china.

kind regards

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.