Just Wanted to Say Thanks

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionJust Wanted to Say Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have had two successful trips to China now and possess a 10 year visa. Thanks for all your good words and knowledge on here guys.

Although all my trips have been based out of Chongqing, I hope to get to Chengdu soon. Was lucky enough to see a lot of the area around Enshi and the Yangtze from above. This past trip was to Zhaotong and the surrounding mountainous area of Dashanbao.

Please, please, please go to Dashanbao. The area is so pretty and cheap. The people are wonderful as well. They are extremely welcoming to others and really treated us better than royalty.

Cheers! Hope to see you all in Chengdu someday as I feel China will be a place I frequent in the coming years.

Participant

I heard about these 10 year visas for Americans. Good for you! How often do you need to exit the country? It’s definitely a sweet deal if you live close to the border or travel a lot in general.

China has a lot more beautiful places to explore, maybe 10 years wouldn’t even be enough 😉

Keymaster

You actually got the ten year visa – that’s amazing! Congratulations. That thing is like the mythical unicorn of China visas. Hopefully the duration of each stay is longer than 90 days, otherwise that would make living inland quite a hassle. If I had a ten year visa I feel like that would be major incentive to move to Xiamen or Zhuhai.

Regardless, congrats.

Participant

For US citizens the 10 year visa has become a lot easier. Obama struck a “deal”? wherein previously, Chinese citizens had difficulty with US visas, and had to pay a higher price in many cases – as a reaction China charged more for US citizens (actually exactly what the US charged Chinese citizens) for Chinese visas.

Now…that has shifted. He has tried to increase cooperation, for many reasons, and now there is a 10 year visa for Chinese just as there is now a 10 year visa for US citizens in China..but it doesn’t seem to affect legitimate workers on work visas/residency permits. US wins in this case – because they want the richer Chinese travelers to go to the US and buy their shit, but under the “10 year” visa, stay limits remain in place. That means that at least as the US is concerned, the 10 year visa doesn’t mean 10 years of stay – just 10 years of entry/exit as Charlie was questioning, I’d be shocked if it were anything different from the Chinese side.

Keep in mind, again, this has no influence on work visas. Expert cert is still the best way – and that nets a 2 year visa. “Green cards” are still out of the picture from this new deal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.