Kindergarten or Children Playgroups?

HomeForumsIn ChengduKindergarten or Children Playgroups?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am moving to Chengdu in october with my wife and two small children. At the moment we are not shure about how long we are staying, but at least a couple of months. In some older posts on this site I read about a childrens playgroup called “The Music Box”, where children could meet and play on weekdays. Does this group still exist? If not, can anybody recommend any other day time activities for children in Chengdu? We would really like our oldest son to learn more chinese, so the best would probably be to find a kindergarten, but I don’t know how to find a good one without a waiting list and if it would be possible to go there just for a few months.

Participant

there are baby-toddler playgroups organized by foreign women, please check the website of http://www.chengduiwc.org/. They meet at the Golden Notes music school in Tongzilin (opposite World Carrefour).

I’m not sure if Musicbox is still meeting; if it is, they are at the Little Feet playground in the Global Center (4th floor).

Where we live there are one or two commercial play centers aimed at babies/toddlers, I guess they must be all over town.

The above are all activities where a parent or ayi must accompany the kids.

For a Chinese kindergarten, I think it would be most practical to find one close to where you are living. Some compounds even have a kindergarten on site, or just around the corner. Not only practical, also will have many kids from your compounds so more playmates in your surroundings! I have no idea how each kindergarten is with waitinglists and enrollment for only half a year or so.

There are many upmarket chinese kindergartens by now, perhaps they are easier on the waitinglist issue. Golden Apple, Soong Ching Ling, I just heard about a new one near Egret Island community… but they are pricey.

EtonHouse kindergarten takes kids from 18 months till 6 years, chinese division may still have places, international division definitely will have space. Other international schools take kids from 3.5 years up, but only foreign passport holders.

I’m sure you will find a good place for your children once you are here. If you are renting through a real estate agent, they might be able to assist you in locating kindergartens near your home.

Good luck!

Participant

Another playgroup is located in Tongzilin (Chinese/English mixed). Send me a pm if you want their phone number.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.