Lend and/or Give You My Stuff

HomeForumsIn ChengduLend and/or Give You My Stuff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone,

So I have a unique situation I hope someone can help me out with. I’m heading back to the USA for the summer in about 2 weeks, but my plan is to come back to Chengdu sometime in September.

Because of this, I’d rather not sell the things I’m going to leave in Chengdu, so if/when I come back I don’t have to buy them all again.

So I’m hoping to find someone who either has an apartment with some open space or a short-term need for some of the things I have, and would be willing to let me store them. Here’s a basic list of what I have:

-Kitchen things- Pots and pans, plates, cups, rice cooker, coffee grinder, and a toaster oven
    -Electric Guitar
    -wifi routers
    -space heaters/winter blankets
    -a few wall hangings/paintings
    -various trash cans, chairs and a small wooden table
    -Ebike

What I’m thinking is I would lend a lot of this stuff to someone for these few months, and if I don’t come back (plans often change) it’s all yours to keep/sell. If I do come back, I would still give you a decent amount of the stuff for your trouble. Anything I have double of (like heaters, blankets, router, some kitchen stuff etc) I’ll give you no worries.

I know this is a weird request, but if anyone is interested or knows someone who might be, let me know. If not, if anyone knows about long-term storage spaces in Chengdu that would be good too!

Wechat ID: dasdeven

I can also take pictures of this stuff, and I probably forgot a couple things too.

Participant

I think Peter has started some storage space solutions @ Maxxelli, this seems like the better candidate for that sort of thing…not sure who wants heaters and trash cans for the summer. 😉

Participant

Hey there,

I recently sent you a reply via WeChat and we had a little chat. I just wanted to reiterate that I am willing and able to store your stuff at my apartment, provided that the landlord will give me the direct deposit information I need to stay where I am (I’m subletting an apartment from a co-worker).

Participant

Hey Rick,

I may have found someone to take my stuff, but if you can put me in touch with Peter about the storage space that would be awesome.

Participant
    Participant

Hey guys, So I’ve had some people contact me about this stuff, and I’d still much rather lend/give it to someone who can use it than store it (which is a little expensive). I’m going to upload some pictures of what I have.

And again, I can give some of it to you, and if I don’t come back to Chengdu it’s all yours. It’s not too much stuff, and a lot of it could be really useful

Participant

I don’t know if this matters to anyone, but I’ve encountered a fair number of scam artists on Chengdu Living. Deven, the OP (Original Poster), is not one of them.

All the best on your flight back to America, Deven!

Keymaster

I don’t know if this matters to anyone, but I’ve encountered a fair number of scam artists on Chengdu Living.

Interesting you mention that – scams are very rare here from what I can tell. We have a policy of deleting those kind of posts. If you notice a scam, post about it on the forum to notify others.

Participant

if the Ebike is still available let me know. we can work something out till you get back.

Participant

Hey guys,

All the stuff is already loaned out and I’m back in the US. But thanks to everyone who offered to help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.