Looking for a driver

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLooking for a driver

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I was living in Chengdu for a couple of months for work last year and I’m coming back again in a week or so for another few months. Last year my work picked me up and dropped me home at night. This year they will be giving me an “allowance” to catch a cab each way.

Does anyone know of a reliable taxi driver (or anyone willing to drive me!) that knows at least a little English? I know catching cabs is easy in Chengdu, but it can be frustrating when you have to give directions every morning and night and have them going the longer way around.

Oh and I’m not looking for a bike or scooter as there will sometimes be up to 4 of us all going in the same car.

Thanks in advance!

Participant

Just get yourself a map and point to where you want to go.  It helps if you know the route so that you can always direct them to avoid known traffic jams.

Keymaster

I’ve had a driver take me to/from my office daily in the past, but now that we are in the Didi era, I would opt for that over a driver. No negotiation, not really any discussion required, and you might end up actually paying less because you won’t have to negotiate – you will already be getting the market rate (which is cheap).

Participant

Great! Thanks for the info. I’ll set it up once I get to Chengdu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.