Looking for Retro Game Consoles

HomeForumsClassifiedsLooking for Retro Game Consoles

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey!

I’m looking for an old snes, n64 or gamecube to get nostalgic with. Alternatively if your a play SSBM and are looking for someone to play against let me know.

Marks.

Participant

You can build a cheap snes/n64 emulator with a pi for a couple hundred RMB.

You can also buy retro-style SNES controllers, but USB.

If you need help on how to actually accomplish this, though, just ask…or google, it’s really not tough 😀

Participant

Hey!

My friend and I who just moved to Chengdu are big Melee players. We’ve got a gamecube but unfortunately we’ve been having some issues with it not reading discs correctly recently.

Hopefully we can get that fixed, and we would definitely play if we can. We live pretty close to Wanda Plaza.

Participant

Alternatively N64 emulator was polished long ago and game collections are easy to torrent.

Though personally i prefer 8 bit Nintendo, must be cause im too old 🙂

Participant

A quick search on Taobao seems to bring up some sweet vintage stuff. I didn’t really read thoroughly, but it looks like 120RMB will buy you the Japanese version of the NES (Family Computer / FAMICOM). If you could find some games on there as well, that seems like an awesome toy if you’re into those things.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141002.6.Z4ddfQ&scm=1007.10009.1442.0&id=39585459649&pvid=066b9d09-35a0-4ccf-88d3-b159bec92dc8

null

Participant

Hmm, actually maybe a bit dodgy.

This shop seems more reliable, but quite pricy:
    http://shop36830169.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.1000126.3.CVi0ST

Some awesome stuff on there though, for sure.

Participant

I have a n64 emulator on my wii via homebrew. I only play Golden Eye and Wayne Gretzky Ice Hockey.

Participant

Vincent, thats 8 bit one 🙂 Ahhh brings back memories. But dont buy it, it has 3 good emulators now (Nesticle is my choice) and full games collection is about 1GB for some thousands of games (95% are crap though).

Keymaster

I can help.

You can get retro consoles on Taobao, and that is probably what you want to do. Make sure that you get the real consoles and not a third party device which can play the real games. One reason why you want to do this is because of the controllers.

You can build a cheap snes/n64 emulator with a pi for a couple hundred RMB. You can also buy retro-style SNES controllers, but USB.

These controllers suck. They look like the original ones, but they feel like crap. Any kind of game requiring precision will suck with fake controllers. I found that even retro controllers with the real consoles ports (not USB connections) can still be fake.

I have a few Pi’s and have installed various emulators on them. You can take that route, but I would get the real console. You can get real games, but those will add up and can be a pain to manage.

In terms of retro games, the ultimate is to have an original console and an EverDrive. These are devices made for almost every retro console that can run games in ROM format off of an SD card. This way you can download and use as many ROMS as you want, but the game plays exactly the same as the real version since there’s actually no emulation happening – it’s running on real hardware. Here’s one for NES: EverDrive NES

They have them for SNES also, which is the one that I would get since that is the console I have the most nostalgia with: EverDrive SNES

I have a n64 emulator on my wii via homebrew. I only play Golden Eye and Wayne Gretzky Ice Hockey.

Both of those games were so good. Some of the best multiplayer console games of all time. It’s tragic that no one but Nintendo really makes couch multiplayer games anymore.

Participant

It’s tragic that no one but Nintendo really makes couch multiplayer games anymore.

I play Borderlands 2/DLCs with the wife on couch. There’s a site which groups a lot of games for which consoles and ratings/reviews their multiplayer-ability separate from the general game review, http://www.co-optimus.com/ — it’s a good resource if you’re looking for multiplayer game information 😀

Keymaster

I play Borderlands 2/DLCs with the wife on couch. There’s a site which groups a lot of games for which consoles and ratings/reviews their multiplayer-ability separate from the general game review, http://www.co-optimus.com/ — it’s a good resource if you’re looking for multiplayer game information :D

Nice, good look. I had a blast playing Guacamelee with my girlfriend not long ago, it’s like a Mexican day of the dead-themed Metroid adventure game that can be played with two players.

Participant

I’m so happy I found this. I love playing SSBM so if anyone wants to play let me know. I have  a Gamecube and two controllers. I also have RE4 and Geist if anyone wants to play those as well.

Keymaster

I also have RE4

That is one of my favorite games of all time. The game designer who made that (Shinji Mikami) made a new game in the spirit of Resident Evil 4 called The Evil Within that’s getting released tomorrow on PS4.

Participant

The Evil Within was available for download (kickass.to) a few days ago for xbox 360, I have the ISO downloaded but havn’t tried it yet. It looks really awesome though..

Participant

I have a gamecube with 4 controllers and SSBM. We should have a SSBM meetup one day

Participant

That would be fantastic. I have two controllers and another GC so we could have two setups going if we really wanted to haha. I live near Sichuan Uni, what about you?

Participant

I spent yesterday afternoon in bed playing RE4

Keymaster

I spent yesterday afternoon in bed playing RE4

Participant

I have a gamecube with 4 controllers and SSBM. We should have a SSBM meetup one day

I live in Tongzilin. Do you play with anyone else? Maybe we can have some doubles games going on, my friend and I are looking for others to go 2v2 against. Add me on wechat: mrhenryhan

Participant

Hey, what’s up? I love playing console games in general. My favorite kind of games are 2D fighters in the vein of Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear, The King of Fighters, etc.

I have an original Xbox and Wii, but not with me in China. Let me know if you want to meet up for some local gaming fun.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Classifieds’ is closed to new topics and replies.