Seeking Studio or Apartment for 10 Weeks

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsSeeking Studio or Apartment for 10 Weeks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey there!

I am going to stay in Chengdu and visit the cities around for 10 weeks, therefore I am looking for a studio/apartment, as I am applying to get the tourist visa and as I understood it is required to have it booked before (with flights tickets also)  in order to get it…

Can you suggest me a website? Did you book your stay for the full time before you went there?

Cheers,

Dave

Keymaster

I would look into monthly rentals on AirBNB – there are a lot of listings on Chengdu. Select whatever price range or part of the city you are interested in. There are some AirBNB-like Chinese competitors which are cheaper and have more listings, but I assume you don’t speak Chinese so AirBNB will be a good option for you.

Participant

Thanks Charlie for your prompt reply I’ll have a look at Airbnb and will improve my Chinese, Xiexie

Participant

Hi Dave,

I have been in a similar situation like yours a while back. AIRBNB has worked out great for me! As Charlie said, there is also a domestic alternative called 小猪. Nowadays I havea couple of apartments myself on both platforms. Maybe interesting for you?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4106107?s=22&user_id=21130023&ref_device_id=4903a211f2d5a75f

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12475069?s=22&user_id=21130023&ref_device_id=4903a211f2d5a75f

If you are interested, let me know by sending a PM or add my wechat florisimmers. We can exchange some info and maybe work something out.

Cheers!

Participant

Hi Floris,

Thanks for the references to the apartments, they looks really nice.

I was looking for something smaller and this morning I booked one, I’m just awaiting for the confirmation as I need to change the arrival day.

It’s true, Airbnb works really well for renting for few months, I had a look at others websites and in the end for what I saw were more expensive (still have to check the Chinese websites though 🙂

Cheers,

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.