Looking for Partners for Language Project

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsLooking for Partners for Language Project

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone, my name is Jason!

I work for Globalme in Vancouver, B.C.. We are looking to run a 1-week long speech audio collection project in Chengdu. Basically we want to record locals speaking Sichuanese. I stumbled upon this blog and thought this would be a perfect place to look for some help!

We are looking for a local partner to assist us with the project. It is a real work opportunity, and we will provide compensation. If anyone knows any small companies or associations or even individuals that would be interested, please let me know!

Thanks everyone!

Keymaster

I might know someone interested, could you give us an idea of what kind of compensation is involved or how that works? Would this be uploading a collection of recorded snippets of phrases in Sichuan dialect, or something else?

Participant

Thank you for your interest! For the project, we want to simulate and record people speaking commands to a navigation system. The participants will be sitting in a car (not moving) for 1.5 hours and we will give them things to say. The project will require 40 participants.

For the partner, we would want them to run the majority of the project. Responsibilities would include renting two cars, finding a quiet location to park the cars, scheduling the participants, and hiring or otherwise finding two project assistants. We will be sending one or two people to Chengdu to provide training and supervision.

Since we are unfamiliar with working conditions in Chengdu, and we are contracting this job out to the partner, the compensation will be partly based on what the partner thinks would be fair. There are two ways we can set up the compensation:

We can pay you for your work separately from the fees needed for car rental, participant fee, etc.

We can pay you for the entire job as a whole, so you can decide how much to pay the participants and car rental and assistants etc, and we pay you for the whole project.

Let me know what your contact thinks about this. If you need more details, feel free to ask!

Participant

hello, have you found partner of language project? if not yet,  i am very intrested in it,  i have a company of foreign trade.  as i have lived in chengdu for many years,  i am very familiar with chengdu .  i can find two cars, quiet lacation to park car,  and 40 participants and 2 project assistants,  my wechat: 584950981,  mobile: 13981924928, thanks!

Participant

Hello Shannia!

We have not yet decided on a partner. Do you have an email address where I can send you some more project details?

Thank you!

Participant

hello, Jason, thanks for your message and sorry for my late reply, because of  weekend.  my email: [email protected],  skype: tangrui166, thanks and best wishes!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.