Looking for Spices, Pickles, Oils to Bring Back

HomeForumsIn ChengduLooking for Spices, Pickles, Oils to Bring Back

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’m visiting Chengdu and I have been have a surprisingly hard time figuring out where to go to find green Sichuan peppercorns/good chili oil/packaged Sichuan pickles etc. to bring back to the US – it’s impossible to find these things in my town, but most of the food stores I’ve seen here either sell souvenir candy/jerky packages or fruit. Is there a particular market that would be a good place to look in the next couple days (preferably somewhat near either Taikoo Li or a metro stop)?  Thanks!

Keymaster

These things should be pretty easy to find, you could try Carrefour or any larger market, shouldn’t be an issue. There are probably hundreds of places in Chengdu where you can buy these items. Try asking what you are looking for if you can’t find it yourself.

Participant

I’m pretty sure raw green Sichuan peppercorns are banned from import to the US, they can carry some diseases that also affects oranges. The oil and pickles should be fine, however. Carrefour and Walmart both have plenty of options.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.