Making Friends!

HomeForumsIn ChengduMaking Friends!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Hey, I’ve been in Chengdu for about 2 and a half weeks now, been super busy teaching but I was wondering where’s good to meet some fellow english speakers ha. I live on the north east side of the 2nd ring road near s&m mall and ito yokado but any tips on where to go would be appreciated.
    🙂
    Keymaster

Welcome! You’re in the part of the city where there aren’t a lot of foreigners. Get yourself to the South of the city and it will be easier to meet other expats in the city and find expat-oriented things to do. Tonight there’s an Entrepreneurship Meetup at Beer Nest, for example. I would browse around Chengdu Places to find stuff that interests you.

Participant

There are quite a few of us in that area, just not much of a bar/social scene geared toward expats (pssst Michael/Dieter!). I think the nearest place I’ve found is Dragonfly, but that seems to be hit or miss depending on the night. Like Charlie said I tend to head to Beer Nest, so if you need a guide let me know and I’d be happy to show you how to get there.

Participant

Sweet, thanks for the replies guys. Yeah i know, pretty far out but thanks for the tip charlie. Yeah I would definitely appreciate a guide, headed to Tongzilin metro stop last weekend and thought i’d try and find a bar. Succesful as I was, I feel like NOTHING is walking distance here haha.

Try getting off at Nijiaqiao (one stop before Tongzilin), getting out of Exit C and walk down consulate road. You should see the consulate on your right, and continue on for a bit and you’ll start passing the Poly Center where all the real grimy shit goes down. Half-joking: it does get grimy, but there are some great parties going on there this weekend. TAG is having their one year anniversary which will probably be solid, and NASA on 19th floor is throwing a party this Friday which is gonna have some crazy visuals.

Keymaster

Try getting off at Nijiaqiao (one stop before Tongzilin), getting out of Exit C and walk down consulate road. You should see the consulate on your right, and continue on for a bit and you’ll start passing the Poly Center where all the real grimy shit goes down. Half-joking: it does get grimy, but there are some great parties going on there this weekend. TAG is having their one year anniversary which will probably be solid, and NASA on 19th floor is throwing a party this Friday which is gonna have some crazy visuals.

That show was moved to next Friday:

Noted. I will continue to offer almost-accurate advice and depend on you guys to, you know, accurafize it.

Participant

yes yes Dan I’ve heard about the notoriety of Poly centre ha I’ll have a little wander around fo sho

Participant

My friend and I are also new here in Chengdu. We like beers. Do you?

Participant

Beers are good. I can’t seem to private message but my wechat is T4RT4R so holla!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.