Malaria Tablet Availability?

HomeForumsIn ChengduMalaria Tablet Availability?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am moving to study at Sichuan uni next week and am planning to do some travelling while I’m in Asia, including to some places where it is advised to take malaria tablets. Are malaria tablets readily available and also reliable in Chengdu, or would I be better off buying a stash in the UK and bringing them with me?

Thanks

Participant

Buy the right kind of tablets for the area (check with your UK tropical center) and bring them. They are not available here, at least I never found them, and having them sent over by a clinic here costs a fortune.

Participant

You cannot get Malarone and doxycycline here, but you may be able to get something else from a hospital. I’d buy them in the UK, Lariam might possibly be available here, but the side effects can be awful. Doxycycline is widely available in south-east Asia, so if you’re going to the regular tourist spots in Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam before heading into the jungle I’d just buy them there.

Participant

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Hi guys,</span>

if you have a medical concern,please don’t go for Global Doctor,I had a terrible experience with them,they cost a fortune and simply coz I with insurance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.