Meetup this November?

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsMeetup this November?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I was originally from Chengdu but had left the city for way too long. I will be back in the city for 3 weeks this November.  I’m really just looking for someone or a few who are willing to have a good time exploring the city with me and trying out new food spots. Strictly platonic. Or if anyone else knows any better sites for social meetups in Chengdu please let me know. I tried the Chengdu Meetup site but a lot of pages seem to be inactive. No one seems to be responding on the Expat site as well.

Keymaster

How long have you been gone? What kind of stuff are you into? Perhaps by listing some hobbies or interests you will find someone who shares those and have an idea of where to go or what to do together. Good luck.

Participant

Hi pal, have you tried 豆瓣? there are some offline activities, but maybe you should focus on one or two interests and people who have same interest get together you may join in. BTW I love exploring new food spots, we may hang out to find tasty food if you want.

Douban is good for Chinese events, ChengduExpat will give you a good rundown of foreign events but not a great forum since it’s still very new. Find a couple people to drag you into wechat groups that overlap with your hobbies and I’m sure you’ll find likeminded people in no time. There is a guy who does food tours (Jordan, who wrote an article you can find on the front page of this site) who is more well-versed in the local food scene here than most foreigners. But yeah, as far as forums go, most of the conversation has migrated to WeChat…

Participant

I’ve been gone away from the city for many many years. I have families here in the city but unfortunately, they’re not very active people.  As for myself, I have lots of hobbies from painting to dancing. But as my time will be short back in the city, 3 weeks, I’m mostly just looking for a buddy or few who are looking to explore the city with me. We will travel together, take photos, explore shops, venues, restaurants and places on different streets. If you’ll be in the city in November and would be interested in such a social meetup for an afternoon, feel free to message me too.

Participant

Hi pal, have you tried 豆瓣? there are some offline activities, but maybe you should focus on one or two interests and people who have same interest get together you may join in. BTW I love exploring new food spots, we may hang out to find tasty food if you want.

I would love to hangout. I will keep you posted. Once I am back in the city by the end of this month,  I will contact you again via this forum if that’s alright and we can set up a place in the city and meetup for a coffee or tea. I see your username is Erika, I assume you’re a woman? We can perhaps go down to Chun Xi Lu.

Participant

Douban is good for Chinese events, ChengduExpat will give you a good rundown of foreign events but not a great forum since it’s still very new. Find a couple people to drag you into wechat groups that overlap with your hobbies and I’m sure you’ll find likeminded people in no time. There is a guy who does food tours (Jordan, who wrote an article you can find on the front page of this site) who is more well-versed in the local food scene here than most foreigners. But yeah, as far as forums go, most of the conversation has migrated to WeChat…

I don’t have WeChat, but I will download one later and try to get on it if it will allow me access to some of those social events. Are you a Chengdu Native?

Participant

Yea, I’m a girl, Sichuan native. Thats ok, feel free to contact me through this forum when you back to Chengdu, , or like the upper says a wechant might be better, there are some active people/groups too.

Participant

Yea, I’m a girl, Sichuan native. Thats ok, feel free to contact me through this forum when you back to Chengdu, , or like the upper says a wechant might be better, there are some active people/groups too.

Awesome!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.