Meishi CMIS

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMeishi CMIS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If you’ve been in Chengdu for for a while you have probably heard of  Meishi and you’ve probably heard a few bad stories about them. Well this year they have gone to new lengths. Its no secret that some chinese employers take it quite personally when Employees decide to leave them But I’ve never seen some one go to these lengths. Four  teachers left Meishi this year, The moral of this story is if you want to stay in China Don’t work for meishi. I just got a call from a buddy who left the same time as I did only hear that once they found out who is new employer was they sent a letter filled with absolutely ridiculous accusations . Amoung them the usual, they said he was an alcoholic, late for work and then get into the good stuff. They also accused him of sexual assault against both female and male co workers. Destruction of school property, threatening staff and my personal favorite, That he made his students pizza in order to bribe them into liking him. I know this guy personally its all rubbish. I also left this year. They didn’t make it easy and when all was said and done they cancelled my visa before I could get to my new school so I no longer had a z visa and I was forced to leave China. After 3 years of good worki for this school I was understandably pissed.

Meishi seems to have a double standard on these issues. They did have a foreign headmaster at one stage that was repeatedly caught trying to watch female students have a shower i their dorms but it was only until the foriegn staff put their foot down he was asked to leave and given a healthy severance package. For myself who worked for them for 3 years did everything asked of me but decided to leave I am still owed 2 months pay which I was told I wouldn’t be getting because I quote “My decision to leave has cost the school a considerable amount of money and inconvenience.”

Meishi is  a slave trap it is difficult to escape. I decided to leave because I for the last 2 years I have been asked to teach the IB PYP program which they have been charging parents for despite not being authorised for it but when I asked for training I was shown a poster. That was my training. The lack of teaching resources and support was the clincher for me. I was told I could purchase what I needed and the school would reimburse me……never happened. I even had to buy the trash can for my classroom as their pockets were too deep even for that. There are good schools in China to work for.

Meishi is not one of them and despite their claims to being an International school they  are really just a chinese school looking for any advantage they can to squeeze more money out of their students.

Participant

“they said he was an alcoholic, late for work and then get into the good stuff.”

I work right beside Meishi, literally – I walk past the entrance to hit up 7-11 for juice and such almost daily. I’ve occasionally seen several people I have known/seen around/met in Chengdu for ages, and I can attest to the fact that I know some alcoholics worked there. 😀 Some of the other ‘ish wouldn’t be so surprising. Not to stand up for the school, mind you, all the negative shit about them may be true – just saying, sometimes problems between teachers&schools are not all the schools’ fault.

Participant

Yes Rick I have seen you in 711 be honest you don’t just buy juice And I’m sure you’ve seen me pulling up on a bike every afternoon buying my 4 Asahais. BUT whether you enjoy a drink or not is not the issue. If they had an issue with my buddy they wouldn’t have asked him to re sign his contract, they did.

He said no they got all vindictive. And they did the same to me by making sure I would have to leave to China to get another Z visa. Only difference is they didn’t know where I was gong to work next so they couldn’t ambush me like they did my mate. This is just pure and absolute vindictiveness from their woman in charge of foreign recruitment, Jennifer Jiang. Were you by chance sexually assaulted by a Meishi teacher, because that was in there to with her list of complaints. But by all means if you don’t believe me go ahead and work there for a year yourself and see what happens.

Participant

Funnily enough all the references from the foreign Head of department and academic principal were glowing in their recommendations. It was only the uninvited one from Jennifer Jiang, who has no right to write a reference anyway. Especially a month after the guy has already started work with another employer. I could literally list a hundred things this woman has done just to make life difficult for teachers there it would seem for no other reason than to be a bitch.

Participant

Oh, no, I’m not saying they’re lying or making shit up – just saying that sometimes we need to step back and look at all perspectives. It could absolutely be the case that everything above is as reported. I have no idea..and there’s no way I’d work for any school, I only like looking after *my* kid 😀 I can only speak to some experiences I’ve had in the past where people go off on a rant about an employer, then later, it’s discovered the employer had a little more legitimate ground than first thought. The shittiest thing I see above is: the fact visas in China are _such a pain in the ass_, so, employers in any case should at least be a little bit flexible to help whomever it is get their next visa, not literally fuck their life for a short period of time while they try to sort it on their own in a bureaucratic mess of a system that ends up costing a lot in travel/etc to fix, and contacting future employers proactively to basically say “fuck you”..these two things, if accurate, are pretty horrendous.

I also buy sandwiches and chicken sticks, but on Fridays, I buy a lot of beer. My company has a typical friday event called “Friday Drink” though – so for a while I was bringing a bunch of Asahi up for that, but now, there’s too much budget, and there is typically a few bottles of vodka/whiskey/tequila and tons of import beer filling the kitchen area for late noon consumption!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.