Wine Tasting Every Wednesday

HomeForumsIn ChengduWine Tasting Every Wednesday

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dear all,

been a bit too lazy to updates here for awhile for our mini wine schools every wednesdays starts at 8pm on Kehua beilu 56.5. Its free weekly events and wine tastings, you can tastes international wines here and also might be of a interestes of yours we have really a good fair price starting with 28.8 rmb spanish wine, so far people has really good feeback with it. We have lots of choices, pay a visits when you free !

Have a great day and hope to see some of you on wednesdays !can contact me on wechat;472756381 for events details !

Best,

Raylene

Participant

I  do not want to sound rude but so far I found just one wine which I could call the real wine (it’s Di Bella one) – not counting wine which you pay several hundred/thousands RMB per bottle as I find it hard to accept spending so much money on a drink …

For the rest I more or less concluded for myself that Chinese Great Wall is usually, when in the similar price category with imported wines, much better than those imports but it still lacks a bit to be really a good wine.

Unfortunately China is not a wine drinking country and usually the wine commonly available is at the border of drinkability …

BUT!

Thumb up for you trying to educate the people in China about the wine culture as such!

Nevertheless I am afraid it’s still a long way to go …

Looking at it from another angle I would recommend to consider setting up the bai jiu school as China (and especially Sichuan!) has many great bai jiu brands which are in decent price range and their quality is really good.

Participant

HI Miro630,

So far, we are doing really good thanks for your concern! As far wine business in china is actually growing and if you read some international news about wine, china is almost the biggest wine consumption country in the world. People learning more about wine, especially for the young people, you will be amazed how many people already know about the wines. They travel and tastes wines from another countries too.

Bajiu is Chinese wine, and when I was kid my parents like drinking it, but now we are trying to drinking more red wines than bijou, coz of its high alcohol level and so on. People’s drinking way is changing and I strongly believe in selling young fashion and affordable wines. So far now we have 25 wine chain stores across china and we are doing really good! if any day you are interested to drop by at our shop in Chengdu , I would like to talk more with you and try our wines! you can also check on our websites for shop locations; http://www.cheers-wines.com

Best!

Raylene

Participant

Hi, my girlfriend and I really love wine. We are a spanish couple and we usually go to cellar and taste wine (catas). We will try to go to your wine taste.

And it is not true that China has not wine culture… Since ancient time they use to do wine, they have older wine culture than other european or american countries.

Participant

Hi, Kike,

Thanks for the posts! Yep I also heard the story of Yeguanbei( a Chinese ancient wine glass) which was very famous in ancient times, since that time china already has wine. And yes great, welcome your gf and you to our wine tastings we often has different topics each week and wines. Sometimes we also cocktails and so on! We quite few Spanish wines, which sell good you should come n try!

For location; Its on kehua road 56.5, right next Sabrina’s country store. opposite side of Sichuan university west gate. Call us on 87443580, if you cant find us !

Have a great evening!

Raylene

Participant

Dear Raylene,

I really wish you your success! I hope for your business to develop into even larger scale with growing (quality) wine demand in China.

I would also never question that China is the biggest wine consumer country in the world. This you can say about majority of the products because if just 5% of China population would be drinking wine so it’s more than majority countries in the world whole population.

What I mean is that for China there is still a long way to go what concerns wine culture – currently it’s really hard to get a good wine and if then for price which is several times higher than similar quality wine in ‘traditional’ wine drinking countries.

But I also hope this will change. For sure I will also check you store 🙂

Dear Kike,

Of  course China has ancient wine culture. More or less all civilization started with simple fermentation and therefore the first alcoholic drinks were some sort of beers and wines 🙂

What I say that nowadays the most common alcoholic drink in China is either (Chinese) beer or distillate. Subsequently the problem is with the translation of the word ‘jiu’. It’s commonly translated as wine while English has different word for different type of alcoholic drinks and English word ‘wine’ generally refers to way of drink preparation.

Therefore many newcomers into China when offered ‘white wine’ certainly do not expect to get something with 52% of alcohol …

Participant

I check out your website, WSET is only Wine Fundamentals Certificate Level 1-2, right?

i am interesting

Participant

Hi Chinichi,  hi yep I think I already add you, we currently has level 1 and level 2, you are always welcome to wechat me for more details :)!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.