Natooke 8pm Group Bicycle Ride

HomeForumsIn ChengduNatooke 8pm Group Bicycle Ride

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I’ve been meaning to post this on here for a few weeks but since today is Friday, now is a good time to do this.

Every Friday night at 8pm there’s a group bicycle ride which leaves from the Natooke Bicycle Shop in Chengdu. Natooke is a fixed gear bicycle shop so there are a lot of fixed gear bikes but any kind of bicyclists are welcome, if you have a bike and you’re in Chengdu I suggest you come check it out! The ride usually lasts for about 60-90 minutes and we travel with our own sound system at a casual pace. There’s nothing like it in Chengdu and it’s a lot of fun. Each Friday there are usually between 10 – 40 people.

Natooke is located at ??????3? near 1st Ring Road and there’s a map and photos of the shop available here: Natooke Bicycle Shop on Chengdu Places

Some photos from last weeks ride:

Participant

Oh snap.  Apparently we forgot how to promote our own events.  What Charlie says is true!

Also, to clarify, we always run two groups.  Fast and cruise. The cruise tends to be more lively with a larger sound system and a bigger group of followers.

The fast ride usually runs around 30 to 40km at a clip, including a midway meetup point if the group splits up.  This ride is highly advised for those looking to get their heart rate up a bit.

Anyone’s welcome, as was said and if you’re real keen but haven’t got a bicycle or want to bring someone along that’s without, let us know in advance and we can set aside a bike for you to borrow.

Hopefully see some of you folks round unless this heat beats you.

This was good stuff again on Friday. Having a fast ride follow the slow ride is a good way to smooth your way into something a bit more challenging, more of you should be trying to make these Friday jaunts at least now and then.

I’m looking forward to taking another crack at the 2nd ring this week. Hope to see more riders doing the same.

Keymaster

This was good stuff again on Friday. Having a fast ride follow the slow ride is a good way to smooth your way into something a bit more challenging, more of you should be trying to make these Friday jaunts at least now and then.

I’m looking forward to taking another crack at the 2nd ring this week. Hope to see more riders doing the same.

I like riding fast but I always go with the slow group on the Friday rides. The combination of a large group of people and a rolling sound system is irresistible.

The circumnavigation of second ring road ride is on Tuesday mornings, right? I like blasting out to Flower Town – it’s about a 35 minute ride going at a fast pace and there are plenty of hills.

Participant

Cool !

Participant

@Brendan

Glad you got to tag along for both rides.

@Charlie

Tuesday morning is an invite only ride (yes, we’re allotted a small amount of pretension.)  Some folks get weekends.  We get a morning with our bikes in the mountains.  This ride is more for the serious cyclist that has experience in a variety of terrain over distances.

@Simo4J

Thanks!

This following weekend I think we’re going to change the order of things and instead of running both rides simultaneously, do the fast ride as a follow up.  This way if you’re not certain, you can limber up over the course of the cruise  and if you’re feeling particularly spunky, leg it around the 2nd ring road afterward.

Hopefully we’ll get more and more people out to enjoy this warm weather while it lasts.  Until then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.