Grocery Store Suggestions?

HomeForumsIn ChengduGrocery Store Suggestions?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If I am going to open a grocery store, where do you suggest and any advice from you will be appricated^_^

Participant

If you could open it right downstairs my compound, that would be great.

Keymaster

Items which cannot be found anywhere else? It is hard to imagine what would attract people to another grocery store when there are already so many.

Participant

It is hard to imagine what would attract people to another grocery store when there is Taobao.

FYP

Participant

I would like to see a grocery store in southern Chengdu. Maybe there are some good stores that I’m not aware of though.

If there could be fresh fruits/veggies, sauces and items I can’t find in other grocery stores, and meat that is easily accessible, (if you know what I mean), that would be great!

I know you can find these things elsewhere or order online but it’s nice to be able to pick your own or browse at a store. It would also be nice to have all those things available in the same place– if I’m looking for something to cook I can get everything I need at one store instead of a veg stand, a convenience store, and Taobao.

Keymaster

It is hard to imagine what would attract people to another grocery store when there is Taobao.

FYP

There is an app specifically for ordering groceries made by ??, called ????. I have used it before, it’s not bad.

Participant

@Charlie  Is  the app in English version? Pepole all go to internet, which makes the offline shops difficult to survive. ^_^

Keymaster

@charlie Is the app in English version? Pepole all go to internet, which makes the offline shops difficult to survive. ^_^

I don’t think it’s available in English, no. That’s true. Offline shops are just waiting to be eliminated unless they are doing something really valuable and unique.

Participant

where do u live?

Keymaster

In the South of Chengdu, in the general area where most foreigners in the city are located.

Participant

@ Sharleen – if you plan to compete with the internet then stocking products which were not past their expiry date would be a good start or at least acknowledging if the expiry date was fast approaching and advertise a discount. Also discounts for significant orders could generate some interest.

Participant

Man I hope you’re able to pull this off because I hate always ordering offline to make the dishes I want lol

Participant

@Merior Thank your siginificant advice, I will try as you said.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.