New in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduNew in Chengdu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys…im abdalla from Egypt Im now in kuwait working as civil engineer. ..im coming to chengdu in first of September for continue my studying in southwest jiaotong university in master program in college of economics and management I want ask about somethings

1-i dont know anyone in china or chengdu how to do easy friendships

2-can I work in my career as civil engineer or in management there beside my studying

3-if I cannot to work in my career as engineer,is it will be easy to work in teaching English

4-whats the average of my monthly expenses?

5-about weather should I bring winter or summer cloths

Thank u very much

Participant

1 – thats your problem. Social networks exist and sometimes even work (god why i have started to use MOMO…)

2 – highly doubt that. Not much work of that kind around and its all 9-18 so either take off cross or put on trousers 🙂

3 – if you got credentials – piece of cake. With no previous experience might get a bit hard.

4 – and how we are supposed to know your expenses? Maybe you drink every night.

Some people can live fine on 2k month (rent excluded).

5 – summer for sure. Its freaking hot. In winter it might be around 10C but you can buy stuff here no prob.

P.S. If you will be living on Jiaotong grounds, be advised that it is located near very… “interesting” area of Chengdu 🙂

Keymaster

Hi guys…im abdalla from Egypt Im now in kuwait working as civil engineer. ..im coming to chengdu in first of September for continue my studying in southwest jiaotong university in master program in college of economics and management I want ask about somethings 1-i dont know anyone in china or chengdu how to do easy friendships 2-can I work in my career as civil engineer or in management there beside my studying 3-if I cannot to work in my career as engineer,is it will be easy to work in teaching English 4-whats the average of my monthly expenses? 5-about weather should I bring winter or summer cloths Thank u very much

1: there are tons of bars and places to meet people at. Check out Chengdu Places and find something that interests you.

2: you probably won’t find a part time job doing civil engineering, and working part time will technically be against the law because of your visa type. That law is commonly broken, but usually by lower stakes work like English teachers

3: yes, although you’re Egyptian, that might make it a bit more difficult for you

4: anywhere from 2 – 8k rmb I’d say

5: the weather should be nice in September, not too hot or too cold

Participant

Hello everybody,

I am coming in September too and I will study in SWJTU.  We are very lucky to have this forum :)) and it will be much easier to get used to chengdu when helping each other, right 🙂

Warm regards

Participant

Hi mimka how are you….hope to be fine.

In which collage u will study and in which program?

Participant

Thx guys on your advices:)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.