Another New Person in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduAnother New Person in Chengdu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Margarita and I will be F&B intern in Emei city. I would like to ask for useful tips about Chengdu and Emei. Also, can I use viber and gmail.

Thanks!

Maggie

Keymaster

Hi Maggie,

What questions do you have?

Participant

Hi Margarita, welcome to Sichuan, I don’t know about Viber, but Gmail and Goole is not convenient in China, unless you can use VPN. You better get a WeChat account asap, its very useful!
    What kind of tips you need? food? transpotation? Language or resident?
    If you have plan to study Mandarin, you can check http://irainbowconcept.com
    or you can follow the WeChat by a official account: Rainbow_Concept, we share many tips of life in Chengdu and Mandarin studying everyday!
    Cheers!

Participant

HI Charlie,

Which is the best way to communicate with my friends and family. I use only gmail, viber, skype, hangouts and LinkedIn.   Because I am going to live in Emei city I would like to know which is the best way to travel to Chengdu. Also, I want to learn some Chinese but in Emei city. I am open for any good tips about food, life, transportation, fun in Chengdu-Emei

Moreover, I will be glad to meet new people!

Thank you!,

Maggie

Participant

Ignore Rainbow, its a usual spammer pretending to be of some use other than a toilet.

I dunno what viber is but gmail NORMALLY works, sometimes it doesnt though 🙂 Nothing VPN cant fix. Skype never had a problem but if you wanna videochat, pray to the god of internets, speed varies greatly. Linked in works like a charm.

Emei-Chengdu have a shuttle bus going so just learn where it is and you can be in Chengdu quite fast 🙂

Participant

Thank you all!

Could you recommend me good internet provider and vpn 🙂 for Emei city!

Regards,

Maggie

Participant

It take at least two hours by bus to get from Chengdu to Emei. So if you want to visit Chengdu in the evening, I’d find a place to crash if I were you.

I use both Astrill and Strong VPN. Both of them are pretty good, and you only have to pay a small subscription. Astrill’s more reliable than strong though. When the internet gods are displeased and speeds are slow all around, Strong fails to connect, when Astill is just slow.

Participant

“Strong fails to connect,”

If you’re using PPTP that may be the case as of recently – if you change to L2TP it isn’t. Then again, it could be your choice of server acts different than mine – I typically pipe through the SF servers..

Participant

Try senvpn.com.  They have a free trial.  HK and Singapore servers fastest from China.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.