Ordering Flowers from Overseas?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionOrdering Flowers from Overseas?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It appears that circumstances may unfortunately prevent my trip next month. With a birthday coming up I need to find a florist that:

1. Speaks English so I can place an order
    2. Delivers to my girlfriend’s apartment or office (probably the former which is somewhere near Sichuan University)
    3. Won’t charge “Bandit prices”.

As last year I bought 2 dozen roses in Shanghai for what I thought was “near nothing” compared to NZ, the latter establishes some expectations on my part.

Any advice will be sincerely appreciated.

Keymaster

Search on Google and it seems like you will find a lot of services in English that can help with this.

Participant

Charlie,

Whilst I appreciate your suggestion, I’m not interested in “Goggling” … I could have easily done so prior to my post. I’m instead interested in personal references based on personal experience in Chengdu.

“Googling” could potentially offer “Chengdu Florist Bandits”!

Keymaster

Charlie, Whilst I appreciate your suggestion, I’m not interested in “Goggling” … I could have easily done so prior to my post. I’m instead interested in personal references based on personal experience in Chengdu. “Googling” could potentially offer “Chengdu Florist Bandits”!

Personal references on a local florist in Chengdu that speaks English, will communicate with you over the internet, and will take your international order to deliver in Chengdu? How do you expect to pay? I speak Chinese and live above a florist and I think your chances of finding this are ridiculously slim. The services that you find on Google are setup for people in exactly your situation: non-Chinese speakers who want to order flowers over the internet to be delivered in China. Or, perhaps I’m wrong and someone will post here saying they know of the perfect florist for you. Good luck!

Participant

Perhaps it was naive of me Charlie ..… on the other hand, as there is everything from Pizza, Donuts, and Mexican food available, not to mention numerous food outlets that sell all sorts of Western products in Chengdu, I didn’t think it would be “ridiculous” to find a florist shop, in a major China city of over 8 million people, that has someone who is able to speak English … and has a telephone.

Just last week I Skype-called a florist in Vancouver to deliver a bouquet to my Chinese girlfriend’s daughter, and paid with my NZ Mastercard. I also have no problem Skype-calling my Chinese girlfriend in Chengdu every day. My Chinese girlfriend had no difficulty using her Chengdu Bank issued Mastercard here in NZ. I also had no problem buying flowers for my girlfriend a year ago in Shanghai and paying for them with my NZ Mastercard.

Are you suggesting there is no florist in Chengdu where someone can speak English, will not accept a Skype-call, and an overseas credit card won’t be accepted or can be used in Chengdu?

Keymaster

Your situation is not unique, a lot of expats have Chinese girlfriends, so that’s good: there are plenty of websites built to serve customers with exactly your needs, and contacting them is easy.

Are you suggesting there is no florist in Chengdu where someone can speak English, will not accept a Skype-call, and an overseas credit card won’t be accepted or can be used in Chengdu?

Looking for a florist in Chengdu who speaks English, will accept your Skype call, accept payment via Western credit card, and deliver in Chengdu is probably only going to waste a lot of your time. Let alone one that will charge you “near nothing” or come with some kind of personal recommendation (recommending a florist here is kind of like recommending a gas station – you just go to the one nearest you). I’m just telling the truth and trying to save you some time.

Participant

I used chinaflower214.com to send some a few months ago while I was in Vietnam. Had no problems ordering online, can’t comment on their phone support.

Participant

Thanks for the “heads-up” guys … I get your drift …..

Participant

How about something like this: http://search.jd.com/Search?keyword=%E9%B2%9C%E8%8A%B1&enc=utf-8 ?

JinDong is the Chinese Amazon equivalent, you can pay by credit card and they will delivier to her door. The only problem is you might need help signing up and navigating the site cause it’s all in Chinese. You could try to email them, they’ll answer emails in English I’m sure, and maybe they’d take orders by email too?

Participant

Much appreciated Muell.

I investigated WoodWERD’s: chinaflower214.com

which I believe will meet my needs.

Thx again WW … and you too C 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.