Passport Requirement for Flight?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPassport Requirement for Flight?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello guys,

I’m going to shanghai on monday but i think i made a mistake in my passport number and there is now way to check it….

I would like to know if i really need my passport even if it’s an inside flight?

Thank you

Keymaster

I would contact the airline and have them change the passport number on your booking. If the passport number on the flight you booked is incorrect,  it may prevent you from catching your flight (even though it will seem completely obvious that the ticket is intended for you, small mistakes like these can derail everything in China). You will definitely need your passport to board the flight. The only thing that suffices as an alternative is a photocopy of the passport along with a signed and stamped explanation of why you don’t have your physical passport (the only valid excuse that I’ve heard of is when your visa is not in your possession because a visa is being processed).

Participant

Ok thank you !

I had to cancel my flight and chose another one.

I have to contact them for the pay back ! But it’s a low cost flight (chengdu airlines) and they will charge me 30%.

Participant

That happened to me earlier this year. I had my flight booked already, and then changed my passport… it was pretty simple… the counter guy at the airport sent me over to the manager, and she checked my passport, and gave me a slip of paper to give to the counter guy… only took a few minutes. FYI.. I had already taken 2 flights before they noticed the password numbers didn’t match.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.