Personal Trainer Available

HomeForumsIn ChengduPersonal Trainer Available

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Looking to complete your new year’s resolution before it’s too late? Interested in getting a head start on next year’s resolution? Or just looking to get out some of your daily frustration and burn a little fat? I’m here to help. I’m a certified personal trainer that specializes in functional fitness and weight-loss. I offer standard PT, KickboxFit, Bootcamps, and a 12-week transformation program. Standard PT sessions are completely individualized to help you reach your goals. KickboxFit is a mix of kickboxing, boxing, Crossfit, and functional exercises. Bootcamps can be scheduled for groups of 4-10 people and include a lot of fun exercises using ropes, medicine balls, sandbags and various other equipment to get your heart racing. The 12-week transformation program includes 36 hours of PT, a personalized nutrition plan, and monthly consultations.

Keymaster

Where do you offer these services and what’s the price like? I’m interested.

Participant

Hello Charlie. Thanks for your interest. PT,  Kickboxfit, and the 12-week transformation program are offered at Somerset Serviced Residence, The Ascott at Raffles City, or a location of your choosing. The cost of PT and KickboxFit is 300 per session and can accommodate up to 3 people. The 12-week transformation program is 9000 and includes everything you need to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The boot-camps are offered at a location of your choosing and can accommodate 4 – 10 people. The cost of the boot-camp depends on the number of people and the location.

Let me know if you have any more questions or would like any more info. I hope to hear from you soon.

Participant

Hey Collin, if i get my gym opened up, you can hold some classes there. I am saving up money and have a great location in mind. Wont be up until one to two years (thats my goal, aka i have to build up a good student base before making the jump).

Participant

I really wonder how many of those miraculous 9000RMB packages you manage to sell 😀

Keymaster

Hello Charlie. Thanks for your interest. PT, Kickboxfit, and the 12-week transformation program are offered at Somerset Serviced Residence, The Ascott at Raffles City, or a location of your choosing. The cost of PT and KickboxFit is 300 per session and can accommodate up to 3 people. The 12-week transformation program is 9000 and includes everything you need to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The boot-camps are offered at a location of your choosing and can accommodate 4 – 10 people. The cost of the boot-camp depends on the number of people and the location.

Let me know if you have any more questions or would like any more info. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks Collin. How long is one session?

I really wonder how many of those miraculous 9000RMB packages you manage to sell :D

Personal trainers are expensive! In the states you’d pay more than that. It’s certainly expensive for Chengdu, but I don’t doubt that there are people willing to pay that.

Participant

@Jerry, I’ve been meaning to come by and check out your BJJ classes. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find the time. I should have some free time next month to drop by and get tapped out a few times.

@ Charlie, All sessions are generally 47 minutes long, but if you still have some energy left afterwards and would like to have a few extra rounds of sparring or drills I would be happy accommodate. It’s a pretty high-intensity workout so you won’t want to do much more than an hours worth of training because the increase in cortisol levels could actually work against you and make it harder to lose weight/gain muscle.

@Vincent
    , there’s nothing miraculous about hard-work and science. The key is over-coming the tendency to give up before you reach your goals. That’s where a qualified personal trainer comes into the equation. I know the price might seem high at first glance, but I can assure you that the quality of training provided and location is unrivaled in Chengdu. My goal with the 12-week transformation program is to teach clients all they need to know to take wellness into their own hands and lead a healthy lifestyle. Think of it as an investment in yourself. Your health and well-being is worth way more the 9000, isn’t it?

Furthermore, several trainers throughout Chengdu charge 200 – 500/session + a gym membership for PT and many of them don’t do much in terms of giving their clients the information they need to take care of their own health.

At the end of the day, my value as a trainer is dependent on the results of my clients. As such, I do everything in my power and go out of my way to help them reach their goals. Luckily I have been successful so far and have been able to continue to do what I love as a result.

Participant

If youre prepared to do the hard work, a good (and legit) PT can make a big difference. A guy training at Megafit under Brendan’s guidance had phenomenal results. I used to whip this cat on the leg press, then a few weeks later he was destroying me. A good investment….

Keymaster

@ Charlie, All sessions are generally 47 minutes long, but if you still have some energy left afterwards and would like to have a few extra rounds of sparring or drills I would be happy accommodate. It’s a pretty high-intensity workout so you won’t want to do much more than an hours worth of training because the increase in cortisol levels could actually work against you and make it harder to lose weight/gain muscle.

Thanks Collin, I will see if I can round up a few friends to train together one day.

Participant

How did this go?

Keymaster

How did this go?

I never did this.

Participant

I mean, a year passed by, I’m interesting in hearing how his business went.

Keymaster

I mean, a year passed by, I’m interesting in hearing how his business went.

Right, that would be interesting to find out. Probably not well enough to keep him here though since he apparently left in May of this year.

Participant

Re: PT’s. If you wanna see a huge herd of Chinese PT’s in their unnatural environment, hit the gym at IFS. There’s a staggering number of them. The gym can look crowded until you realize that those 15 or so guys standing around are all Pt’s…and I will refrain from commenting on their competency….but they’re somewhat lax with concepts such as form and safety and common sense….:)

Participant

The business went very well. I was fortunate to meet the right people and they had enough work to keep me busy. I had to change my initial business plan a bit and offer more than traditional PT and kickboxing, but I didn’t leave because of lack of business. I had spent 7 years in Sichuan and it was time to go. I have 2 daughters and I was worried about the pollution.

There’s a pretty good market in Chengdu for PT and other exercise related services but you need to get out, make contacts, and be flexible.

I will refrain from commenting on their competency

I won’t, they’re (all 20 of them, minus one) somewhat more useful than a turd might be in a fight, though less useful than a turd on a stick. I might have that the wrong way around…

Just for the record I’m fitting in a little PT when I have the time.

Participant

Despite I am outdated for this post, I think this is also perfect method to consider as new year’s resolution this year 2017. I am actually doing some improvisation and workshops, from physical to personal development as well as for public speaking skills. I have learn those ideas months ago after visiting this site http://smartleesecreative.com/about-us/. And with this tips from here, maybe this is possible.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.