Pet Care Thread

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPet Care Thread

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello! I thought it might be beneficial to those who have companion animals here in Chengdu to have a place to discuss resources for pet care and services, as well as common problems that pet owners can have and their solutions.

It will be best if we just stick to discussing caring for the animals that we already have rather than surrendering our animals or looking to adopt; those things are better done in person rather than on the Internet.

I’ll begin by saying that I have found reliable and high quality veterinary care for my dog at the Harmonious Animal Clinic, both on the 2nd ring road east of Renmin Lu and at their Zijing branch off Zijing Donglu. The equipment is good, the veterinarians kind and knowledgeable, and the staff gentle and caring. A few staff members speak a little English and the prices are fair. They also sell high quality foods and toys for both cats and dogs.

There is also a good pet boarding facility in Zijing called ‘love changes everything’. They provide boarding and grooming services for dogs and cats, and the facility is on par with those in the States. There is an outdoor rooftop play place with an Astroturf agility course where you can bring your dog to socialize and play for the price of a cup of coffee at their coffee bar. The boarding price is 78rmb/day, and the kennels are clean and comfortable.

I would also like to share a potential warning to dog owners – at my apartment, they recently sprayed pesticides on the plants and grass, and my dog had a very bad allergic reaction – I highly suggest you keep an eye on what groundskeeping is going on at your place, or ask when and what they plan to spray. That way, you can protect your pet.

Additionally, I have a medium sized dog carrier crate that I would like to give to someone who wants it. It is used but fully functional.

Participant

Here is the contact info for the vet.

028-83373607 Zijing

13880030960 Zijing alternate

028-85258101 (2nd ring road)

Participant

My cat had a chicken bone lodged in his throat a few months ago. I was distraught (man-feelings big time) as I thought it was a stroke. Took him to a great place on 2nd ring road, close to the shuhan lu intersection. One of my students is a veterinarian there. Awesome service, immaculate hi-tech equipment. Very happy….stupid cat 🙂

Participant

The English name is Pet Friend Hospital.
    Address is section 2 west, 2nd ring road,no. 102.
    宠福来动物医院

Participant

Thanks for setting up this thread, really helpful.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in setting up a bit of a pet-sitting network. I have 2 cats who are much happier spending any holiday time at home to lounge on our sofas and run around freely with a visit a couple of times a day from someone to feed them, play a bit and just generally keep them happy and healthy. I’d be more than happy to offer my services to anyone in the Tongzilin area who needs a pet sitter.  And would be totally happy to do it for free too, particularly if anyone could offer the same to me when we go away for a few nights. Just thought it would be worth floating the idea in case anyone would be keen 😃

Participant

kirs10 – I’m definitely interested – I have 2 cats and I will leave them for a short time alone but for longer periods I need someone to either live in my flat or to pop round to refresh their water & food. I am more than happy to do this in return & have done in the past!

Participant

Iona – that’s great!  I’d be more than happy to cat sit for you at some point too!

I guess the easiest thing to do would be to set up a Wechat group for anyone who is interested.  If you add me (ID: kirstenmunro) then we can just put out a message when we need someone and see if anyone is available 🙂

I’ll try and spread the word a bit further too!  I know a couple of my friends would be interested in this as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.