Pizza Mandolino & Mike's Pizza Kitchen

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPizza Mandolino & Mike's Pizza Kitchen

• This topic has 98 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoDan.
Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Thread title should now be changed to “Mike’s Pizza Kitchen.”

Good suggestion, thread title changed

Possibly the most eloquent rebuttal I’ve ever read.

I’ll be grabbing a Pizza in due course.

But when are you going to expand your delivery zone!!!???

😀

Participant

Again, thank you Charlie. I picture you with a colossal-connected-console with a massive multi-monitor display which houses the world’s largest collection of animated .gif’s.

Thanks Chris. As for the Fries…they’re dead for now. They were never profitable and with our space being even more limited now they were the obvious choice to get the axe.

And thanks Brendan. Hope to see you soon, don’t forget your earplugs. As for the delivery range, we’re already going farther than we should be, D=r/t. (At least until we all have Jetpacks.) However, we do try to be pretty accommodating, we’ve met people at coffee shops, bars and subway stops in our delivery range if you can’t make it all the way to our place.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Again, thank you Charlie. I picture you with a colossal-connected-console with a massive multi-monitor display which houses the world’s largest collection of animated .gif’s.

I boldly dream of a new world of communication where we need not speak and everything can be communicated with Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Saved By the Bell animated gif’s. There can be pizza, too.

Participant

At first I was like “hmm this may not be the best approach to reply” but then I was like “go Mike!!!”

Participant

Took me a while to get here, but I finally saw this thread. I cosign the pizza and the job done by Mikes staff of navigating the tricky terrain of Chinese addresses conveyed by non-Chinese speaking foreigners.

Matter of fact, Im going to an AmCham meeting tonight, and we will be eating some Mikes pizza at the meeting!

Participant

And big props to Vincent on his map. Loved the use of perspective.

Participant

I missed something? someone can help me for “the point of situation” or maybe it’s better that i read all thread? …maybe it’s better… 😉

Participant

I’m an italian people and like cook&eat (like many italians), now I’m writing with a cup of moka coffee… so I’m not a chef but in Italy we say – The customer is always right – some words for explain that you must take care about positive/negative feedback of people.

About food portions you must find a good compromise quality/price for your restaurant “standards”…for example in a 5 stars restaurant you can find small portions/dream taste/expensive price… but for me in Chengdu, it’s better normal portions/new taste/normal price.

I never tried any italian restaurant in CD, but is not important which is better… every cooker have different style but you must take care about make happy your customer! isn’t easy but not impossible… is a tradition, that chef go out from the kitchen for speak with customer! like this you can understand how improve your experience…

I repeat that I’m not a chef, but when I’ll have money (if I go on like this, never 😉 I want open a little bar with coffee, wine/grappa and some italian food… and share my “hometown taste” with friends…

See you, “Buon appetito!”

Participant

Ahahahah, Mike! I must meet you and try your pizza! I hope your working days not always like monday! and after I’ll try Pizza Mandolino for to be “equal”! 😉

When I went to Mike’s (twice so far) there was no berating of employees at all only great ‘cheat day’ pizza.

I think it’s always best and fair to assume an exception if you experience something that irritates you, one time or perhaps carefully raise your concern with the restaurant owner before posting it on the intertubes.

On the other hand this is the modern world we live in and I can only imagine how tough it must be to open a food business which is under such tremendous scrutiny from day one with all the bitchy Yelpers out there and competitors disguising as guests writing negative reviews (which is why I mostly don’t trust reviews on the internet by the way).

Speaking of Yelp.

Actor reading a wacky Yelp review below:

Participant

Mike, today I called you and JinJiang district is a zone out of delivery, please specify this on your website or expand your delivery zone 😉

Participant

Is Pizza Mandolino closed?   I googled it,  got this 3 yr old discussion, then checked out the TripAdvisor sight and it said the place was closed.

Participant

Just changed the name, if I remember good in “La Vita”…

I suggest you Bucciano in Poly center

http://www.dianping.com/shop/23422619

Keymaster

Is Pizza Mandolino closed? I googled it, got this 3 yr old discussion, then checked out the TripAdvisor sight and it said the place was closed.

Yes, it’s closed. Been closed for a while now. Interesting to look back on this thread after a few years. Mike has conquered all.

Participant

Re: pizza: just noticed a new pizza place in Yulin on Fang Cao Jie called Pizza4U. Google reveals it to be an international pizza chain. I’d never heard of it but will give it a shot tonight. While I’ve had my issues with Mike, he does make a mean pizza and he’s only 5 mins (cab) away, so this new joint better be pretty special to compete…

Yeah, I noticed it this weekend as well. Got myself a delivery menu… one of these nights, it’s on! Full review coming soon

Participant

@Dan: I hit this place a few nights ago. Kinda nasty, greasy Pizza Hut style pizza. Ok in a pinch as a guilty pleasure, but as soon as it was finished i had some personal recriminations: “why?! Why?!

@Dan: I hit this place a few nights ago. Kinda nasty, greasy Pizza Hut style pizza. Ok in a pinch as a guilty pleasure, but as soon as it was finished i had some personal recriminations: “why?! Why?!

Bahahaha thanks, it might take a moment of serious desperation to get me to go for one of their pizzas now. But that’s not to say it’s totally off my radar… who doesn’t like a good bit of self-loathing?

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.