Playing Basketball in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPlaying Basketball in Chengdu?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am new here. Today is my second day in Chengdu and I need information about basketball here. You guys know if there is any good teams in the city? do they have any type of league? I have been playing for a team almost all my life and it would be good to at least go and practice.

If not, I have been reading about the different courts around the city and Sichuan Gymnasium seems the best option. You guys wanna shoot around?

Cheers!

If any of you are seriously interested, I have a few Chinese friends who are part of a team that play regularly. They will be practicing on the courts at Decathlon this Saturday at 3pm. Be warned these guys are no slouches, but if you’re looking for decent game, this is probably it.

PM me and I’ll give you a contact number if you want to show up and play. I’ve already given some of them a heads up, and they’re keen to see what you’ve got.

If any of you are seriously interested, I have a few Chinese friends who are part of a team that play regularly. They will be practicing on the courts at Decathlon this Saturday at 3pm. Be warned these guys are no slouches, but if you’re looking for decent game, this is probably it.

PM me and I’ll give you a contact number if you want to show up and play. I’ve already given some of them a heads up, and they’re keen to see what you’ve got.

Participant

I am down, i posted about this before and failed to get a group going, but I am ready to play ball with anyone anywhere

Participant

I am down, i posted about this before and failed to get a group going, but I am ready to play ball with anyone anywhere

I’m down to play. Not as good as Brendan’s friends though. At least one of them can dunk.

Also consider Nike Basketball park near the Chengdu Stadium just north of Tianfu square. 10RMB to get in, same as Sichuan gymnasium, but probably more space.

I already spoke to three of the guys this morning and they were fairly hyped at the idea of having new faces show up on Saturday.

I’m arriving in Chengdu on Friday for a five month stay, haven’t played the last year but I’m definitely in for a game. Can anybody help me with direction etc since I’m completely new.

Keymaster

I’m down for a casual game if it’s on a weekend. I don’t suppose anyone knows of a court in the South of Chengdu besides Decathlon? Those courts are occupied every time I go there.

Participant

There are always tons of people, mostly students who love the game, playing at the courts at Sichuan University. I don’t know if they have a league or anything, but you could always join a random group and perhaps learn a bit of Chinese while you’re at it. I’m sure none of them would be unwelcoming.

@Brendan, details for Saturday?

There are leagues for rugby, soccer, and (American) football even, but I’ve never heard of a casual basketball league, even among the Chinese student community. Seems odd to me seeing how popular basketball is among the Chinese.

Perhaps we could start one?

Participant
    Participant

i’ll be there, decathlon, Sat 3pm.

Participant

Right! I’ll be there too. Not too sure how to get there thou. Once I get oof the subway at south railway station where do I go?

Quote:
    Once I get oof the subway at south railway station where do I go?

Look at the map!!! Genius inventions maps, they help you get to places you’ve never been before!

See you guys out there today.

Actually. I’m going to head down there a bit early, maybe around 2. I have to leave around 330 to head up to Sichuan Gymnasium for bike polo.

Participant
    Quote:
    I have to leave around 330 to head up to Sichuan Gymnasium for bike polo.

awww yiiiiss

Finally got some CDLiving people together for a game. It was just me Sascha and Julio playing some pickup, but we had a good run and also got it handed to us.

Let’s make this a regular thing. All are welcome to join. I’m going to work on not missing layups.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 74 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.