Qingcheng Houshan > Qianshan

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionQingcheng Houshan > Qianshan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Chengdu peeps, hope this gets to you in time… I’m going to Qingcheng mountain on Saturday and am having a hard time getting confirmation on one thing: Is it possible to hike up the backside of the mountain, spend the night at the top/near the top, then walk down the front of the mountain the next day? Or are these two routes not connected at all?

Thanks

Keymaster

I can’t speak with certainty but having been up both sides of the mountain, I have never heard how they connect. During the 2008 earthquake a lot of the roads on the mountain were destroyed, and instead of repairing them, they have built entirely new roads which go around the destroyed regions. Perhaps someone else will have more up to date info.

Participant

Hi Gfreeze1,

I am not sure if I am getting your question right… I have been to BOTH mountains: Qingcheng Qianshan and Qingcheng Houshan… They are actually two different mountains. Qingcheng Qianshan (前山) refering to the “front” mountain – and not the “frontside” of the mountain… So “Qingcheng Houshan” is the Mountain behind “Qingcheng Qianshan“… Trying to walk (along the road) from the main entrance of the “front” mountain to the main entrance of the “back” mountain might take you 60 something minutes…

I think it is possible to spend the night at the top/near the top on both mountains – but I think the two mountains are not connected…

Hope this helps a bit…

Participant

Yes you’re right, a local just told me this yesterday.  I was under the impression that it was one mountain with a trail at the front and back, both leading to the same place at the top… but yea, its two different mountains.  Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.