Recruiting Foreign Artists: Dancers, Models, etc

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRecruiting Foreign Artists: Dancers, Models, etc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Job description:

Place: Club
    Full time: ≥ 1 month per club.
    Salary: negotiated
    Accepted to any place in China.
    Treatment: Accommodation, internet, travel expense(Cooperation time≥ 3months, providing round trip tickets), one day off per week(Mon.-Thu.)
    Terms of payment: monthly statement
    Mode of payment: Net transfer
    Performing songs: 2 or 3 sets per night, 3 minutes per set
    Working time: 10 p.m.-1 a.m.

Part time:
    Treatment: The provision of food
    Terms of payment: forward the salary after the completely performance.
    mode of payment: Net transfer

We need :

Singers
    Dancers
    Bands
    DJs
    Models
    MCs
    Rappers
    Symphony
    Music instrument players

If you are interested, lease leave your email address here or contact me for detailed Information.
    Reach out to me at
    Wechat 18022320525
    Email [email protected]

You can check out our website:   http://qiyiagency.com/

Participant

There’s a few advertisements going around expat boards that sound almost exactly the same at the moment. Same ‘catch all’ foreign entertainer advertisement. I’ve heard that this may be a PSB scam to catch out people who are doing illegal paid work and stuff.

I replied to one on CQexpat and there was no response. I looked again at the responses and the responses seemed to be a strange nature, 1st posts from all of the new accounts, badly written English, a very random selection of nationalities etc.

Another on wechat asked about my job, and I had to kind of dodge the question. Somebody recommended a friend to them, who plays in a band and they seemed to instantly reply that they somehow knew his band were the best in Chongqing… In actual fact, his band barely play any gigs it seems and certainly aren’t that well known. This rang some alarm bells.

I’d be vary cautious about replying if I was you and if they start asking you questions about your day job/studies rather than your hobby, tell them to f**k off.

There’s a lot of this crap going on, not just on expat websites but on wechat groups or amongst friends on wechat. One of the agents on wechat that I mentioned had actually befriended a foreign friend and had asked him for help finding people.

Be careful about doing any gigs for agents, ask friends if they have previously done stuff for them before.

Also, if any friends get screwed over, let it be known to every foreigner that you know. Fake agents should not be allowed the luxury of personal safety/dignity.

Participant

Good evening!

I appreciate that you wrote such a long passage full of hard facts and examples to warn your fellow expats to beware PSB scams. What you did, however,  makes me feel kind of insulted as you are somehow implying that I am setting a trap here to “catch out people who are doing illegal paid work and stuff.”  and set my topic here as an example as a PSB scam.

The truth is, I am not a fake agent. I work in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province. The company I work for is in Tianhe District, Guangzhou. You are welcome to visit if you want. I can send you photos of the office if you want.  And if you look closely enough, you can also see the website of our company at the end.

We are recruiting foreign artists all around China,  and all agents do this to recruit. I am fully aware that there are fake agents trying to catch illegal workers.But is it really fair that you just post a seemingly real and convincing reply here, accusing me for things I didn’t do? If you cannot prove that I did all those things you mentioned, would you at least open a new topic and post your concerns there?

Look, I am not saying that you can’t speak out your opinions here. It’s just inappropriate because what you said here has a really bad implication on my potential readers and I really hope that you show more consideration.

Have a good day!

Keymaster

I’d be vary cautious about replying if I was you and if they start asking you questions about your day job/studies rather than your hobby, tell them to f**k off. There’s a lot of this crap going on, not just on expat websites but on wechat groups or amongst friends on wechat. One of the agents on wechat that I mentioned had actually befriended a foreign friend and had asked him for help finding people. Be careful about doing any gigs for agents, ask friends if they have previously done stuff for them before. Also, if any friends get screwed over, let it be known to every foreigner that you know. Fake agents should not be allowed the luxury of personal safety/dignity.

This is good advice. Always be careful when dealing with someone new. An agent that claims to do everything (models, DJs, bands, clowns, etc) is always a red flag as well. Assuming you do not want completely ridiculous white monkey work.

What you did, however, makes me feel kind of insulted as you are somehow implying that I am setting a trap here to “catch out people who are doing illegal paid work and stuff.” and set my topic here as an example as a PSB scam. The truth is, I am not a fake agent. I work in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province. The company I work for is in Tianhe District, Guangzhou. You are welcome to visit if you want. I can send you photos of the office if you want. And if you look closely enough, you can also see the website of our company at the end. We are recruiting foreign artists all around China, and all agents do this to recruit. I am fully aware that there are fake agents trying to catch illegal workers.But is it really fair that you just post a seemingly real and convincing reply here, accusing me for things I didn’t do? If you cannot prove that I did all those things you mentioned, would you at least open a new topic and post your concerns there? Look, I am not saying that you can’t speak out your opinions here. It’s just inappropriate because what you said here has a really bad implication on my potential readers and I really hope that you show more consideration. Have a good day!

You may not be a fake agent, but your post is suspicious. And Shuangmian’s right to look out for the interest of artists on here (of which he is one and I am one) supersedes your right to post advertisements from afar at will.

You addressing these concerns is the best thing you can do to establish some credibility since no one here knows you, this is your first post on this website, and you aren’t even in Chengdu.

And if you look closely enough, you can also see the website of our company at the end.

Your website doesn’t open. If you’re going to specifically call him out for not paying attention to your website (as if that is any indicator of your trustworthiness), at least have it work.

Participant

Good morning!

The website: http://www.qiyiagency.com

Here are some artists we recruited

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA3NjQxNDAzMw==&mid=200131563&idx=1&sn=cb1c55a91a9a83e09000dc42831d1611&;scene=2&;from=timeline&isappinstalled=0&key=9467a271bcdfeb175bc13448caa66b2eaaedc44ba68b9ff0c0725895fe352b315e5a7f86707c80f087114a9138bcae5d&;ascene=2&uin=MjgyNDUwMjAwMA%3D%3D&pass_ticket=Hz5td1cDyaZdYmX64D030SI0wqq%2FLmbieudm%2FfIOe8mKz0T3BIxIr6BKsuT7Xf%2BZ

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA3NjQxNDAzMw==&mid=200158372&idx=1&sn=ec0954a52e67c2a65e617787fd405f60&scene=2&from=timeline&isappinstalled=0&key=9467a271bcdfeb179676f4b17b5605c842a63de093a64665f28483c88632c966e2a66a6f12804b6ac3e1a06f8b25dc1c&ascene=2&uin=MjgyNDUwMjAwMA%3D%3D&pass_ticket=Hz5td1cDyaZdYmX64D030SI0wqq%2FLmbieudm%2FfIOe8mKz0T3BIxIr6BKsuT7Xf%2BZ

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA3NjQxNDAzMw==&mid=200103035&idx=1&sn=261d44a51f0f40f068bb82a0730e5f7d&scene=2&from=timeline&isappinstalled=0&key=9467a271bcdfeb171dbd495890cc01acb56dcc0aaa58c134edbd579c1bdac377db1d8b86cd778c0cc459c532329deee1&ascene=2&uin=MjgyNDUwMjAwMA%3D%3D&pass_ticket=Hz5td1cDyaZdYmX64D030SI0wqq%2FLmbieudm%2FfIOe8mKz0T3BIxIr6BKsuT7Xf%2BZ

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA3NjQxNDAzMw==&mid=200106184&idx=1&sn=343834b3af609addbfbfed435223e95d&scene=2&from=timeline&isappinstalled=0&key=9467a271bcdfeb172e4a8997db1f5315afb071319f8e9d45ac9b5fa5877ca5b9ead403e01578325804d76c9b41a14bcd&ascene=2&uin=MjgyNDUwMjAwMA%3D%3D&pass_ticket=Hz5td1cDyaZdYmX64D030SI0wqq%2FLmbieudm%2FfIOe8mKz0T3BIxIr6BKsuT7Xf%2BZ

Participant

https://www.google.com/#q=Wechat+18022320525

A google search for your Wechat details suggests that you are fake. There’s not exactly a lot of history going on there and those pics look slightly generic to say the least.

Regardless of the level of authenticity, it also looks like a bit of monkey job agent to me, your DJs just look like bunch of tarts dancing around in silly costumes, rather than actually mixing. Exactly what an uneducated and uncultured 土豪 audience would love at their shitty neon-light adorned typical shitty Chinese disco clubs.

I’d sooner play at decent underground parties in Chengdu for next to nothing!

Participant

Good morning!

I really appreciate that you went to such length to prove that I am a fake agent. The Wechat account is a work account, which I have just got from the last agent who used it. It is not my fault if all the ads seem new just because it never occurred to him or her to post ads in expat forums.

And it is quite another topic where you prefer to work. I have no interest in it whatsoever. People make their own choices. It is not up to me or you to judge whether it is “shitty” . I believe the readers will have their sound judgments.

Have a nice day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.