Residence Permit: New Requirements?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionResidence Permit: New Requirements?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After going through the entire visa process and entering China, I have just learned that the residence permit is also a PITA to get. In the past, it wasn’t that big of a deal although reading a recent article made me realize that I still have a long way to go before I can legally work. It has already taken me 4 months to get hired and legally enter the country.

https://www.echinacities.com/articles/jobs/Chinas-Latest-Work-Visa-and-Resident-Permit-Rules

Has anyone been through this with the new rules in place?

Keymaster

It has gotten more difficult for sure. That site doesn’t seem to mention the FBI criminal background check, but I believe that is a requirement for Americans as well. Have your employer’s HR department guide you through these hoops. The onus is on them to make sure you successfully overcome these hurdles. Good luck!

Participant

I think If I was a newb in all this esl/travel industry, I would shun China.
    I’ve been here for a decade and life was sure “grand” back in the good ‘ol days! Ha.

Now it’s becoming a nightmare to just come and be a dancing monkey in this up and coming police state.
    And this procedure is also for those just Changing jobs now, isn’t it?

Crazy stuff.

Participant

Your grandfathered into the old visa requirements if you don’t leave the country and continue to renew your Z visa. I believe the residence permit requirements apply to everyone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.