Restaurant Recommendations?

HomeForumsIn ChengduRestaurant Recommendations?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, Ive got about a weeks business in Chengdu next week and the company has put me up at Shi You Yuan hotel on Xindu ave. It looks a fair way out of the main city and I was wondering if anyone has some great restaurants to try out while im there. Also is taxis the way to go, as I dont speak any Chinese, but will be using google translate. I also wouldnt mind doing a bit of shopping for electronics and some fake knock off items (clothes or perfume) Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Keymaster

There’s a list of restaurants on Chengdu Places – I would start there.

Participant

Thanks Charlie

Is there Uber or similar in Chengdu or are taxis the best option

Thanks

Participant

Uber is here but these days it doesn’t seem to be far and away better than taxis like it used to be.

They used to be cheaper than normal cabs and plentiful, but these days it seems like there’s always a price surge going on and I see 3-4 empty cabs pass me while I’m waiting for the car to call me before even starting to head towards my location. It’s still pretty useful

One other thing is if you don’t speak Chinese, Uber is maybe gonna be a pain. The driver pretty much always calls you (100% in my experience) to confirm the ride before picking you up.

Participant

Yeah, your hotel is a bit out there. But if you walk outside, pretty much any noodle place or whatever will do good food for you. Just point gently at the other customers’ food to order.

If you really want to see Chengdu, maybe add me. I might have time next week. I’ll take you around.

You can private message me here on CD.

Participant

Thanks for all the info guys.

Adrian

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.