Reverend in Century City

HomeForumsIn ChengduReverend in Century City

• This topic has 14 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Avatar photodvcd.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Today around 10:00, while I was at the exit of century city subway station, a man wearing a reverend robe is walking to the entrance.

The robe is quite a catch, the crucifix has a good shape.

Does he do service to the expats?

I am dvcd, once was called robot here. I don’t know why the caller is so dumb.

Keymaster

Today around 10:00, while I was at the exit of century city subway station, a man wearing a reverend robe is walking to the entrance. The robe is quite a catch, the crucifix has a good shape. Does he do service to the expats?

Probably, there are churches in Chengdu.

I am dvcd, once was called robot here. I don’t know why the caller is so dumb.

What? Email me if you’re having problems with your account, I can help. ChengduLiving at gmail.com

Participant

Does he do service to the expats?

If he was doing service to the expats he’d probably be outside an int’l school where there is a higher concentration of children.

Participant

Maybe he goes on this forum too, just want to make sure he is a reverend, not a thanks giving/HW custom. Do you have a tradition to invite a reverend to thanks giving party? No?

Keymaster

Maybe he goes on this forum too, just want to make sure he is a reverend, not a thanks giving/HW custom. Do you have a tradition to invite a reverend to thanks giving party? No?

No, we do not have that tradition. If I saw someone dressed like that I would assume he was returning from, or going to a church in Chengdu.

Participant

If I saw someone dressed like that I would assume he was returning from, or going to a church in Chengdu.

So cute. 😀

Participant

I doubt if a true reverend will come to chengdu to do service because all the Churches in China needs to follow sb’s leads. You know, there are higher power even than God.

Sometimes I feel like to convert to Christianity, but I need someone to guide me, a smart one. 🙂

Participant

I feel like to convert to Christianity

While it is perhaps the deceptive purpose of many religions to grow in number by converting the “sheeple”, I think the more purist form of religion may expect that you’ll simply *have belief* or be able to come to that conclusion through your own spiritual awakening, rather than need to be convinced. Perhaps it’s not realistic, but whatever. Either way, I suggest not picking up a religion just because you think it’d be fun or you feel something is missing in your life – but rather, do it for the same reason many people do it: business contacts and cheating naive people out of their money.

Participant

I think the more purist form of religion may expect that you’ll simply *have belief* or be able to come to that conclusion through your own spiritual awakening, rather than need to be convinced.

Very much agree. Religion nowadays seems to be all about worshipping some kind of imaginary identity and then feeling superior towards “non-believers” or other religions because “they’re wrong”.

Spiritual enlightenment is not something you look for in a church or a temple, you can find it within yourself.

(Edit: been reading nothing but Eckhart Tolle for the past 3 weeks lol)

Participant

Good point. But one person’s strength is weak, sometimes you need to stay in a community if your currently community spiritually does not make you feel right.

“My kingdom is not of this world”

Participant

In China nobody dares to say that: “My kingdom is not of this world”

But one person’s strength is weak, sometimes you need to stay in a community…

Participant

But one person’s strength is weak, sometimes you need to stay in a community…

<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uzae_SqbmDE?feature=oembed&#8221; width=”500″ height=”375″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

You must be old enough to know this.

I am not that old.

Participant

RE: Deliverance
    SQUEEL LIKE A PIG BWOI EEEEE EEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

squeeling

Participant

about pig, rick, have you ever seen a comic, which illustrate the great leader is feed the pigs. It was fun. But I lost the link.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.