Shipping a Suitcase Home?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionShipping a Suitcase Home?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience in sending stuff home from China? I’m only looking to send a 30kg suitcase back to Australia, but anything I’ve found seems super expensive from here ($700+).

Also, depending on work, I’ll either be leaving next week or in about a months time. I have a few things here that I’ll be getting rid of, like a toaster oven, smartair filter and kitchen utensils/pots/pans and the like if anyone is interested in them. I’ll give an update on Sunday if I will be leaving next week. If you’re interested it can be picked up Monday or Tuesday, and if it’s in a month I’ll do another shout out then 🙂

Cheers

Participant

Excess luggage not an option? Getting a 30kg suitcase home by taking it with you on the plane should be pretty easy and definitely a lot cheaper.

You giving away or selling those items? I’d say yes to a free oven. 😉

Keymaster

I agree with Vincent – try to take it back with you on a flight. If you’re flying on a Chinese carrier, they are usually pretty lenient with carryon luggage (as opposed to Australian carriers, they are strict with baggage weight).

Participant

I’m going to be traveling for a month or so before getting back to Australia, so am looking to lose the extra weight (rather than carting it and the baggage fees around with me).

@vincent
    the oven is yours if you can save me $300 on shipping a suitcase home!! 😉

Participant

I may have a solution, will check information once home from work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.