Sichuan Airlines & Hong Kong

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSichuan Airlines & Hong Kong

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photodben.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It was a usual Hong Kong trip, many of us are forced to enjoy every several months. Fly in, jump over customs couple times, fly back. Well this time it was a bit wee short in between flight but how bad can it get really?

The answer is: Very.

Flight delays are nothing new and for any seasoned traveler are not worthy of concern. Being late 40 minutes when you have 1 hour between flight is worse, but company of the flight being late will change the ticket if they are at fault.

That’s if you can contact them after you arrive.

It appears that you can have 5 flights to Hong Kong per day and still don’t have a single representative there. No ticket counter, no person in charge, no one to help if anything goes wrong. And even airport stuff cant call them over, because they only have Chengdu number and its international call.

So unless you 100% sure they you will make it, better use another airline to go to Hong Kong, the one that can at least say “sorry, man” when you get screwed up.

Participant

That sucks man – I suppose with the 10 year visa types, that’s the way to go (direct flight and come right back), but HK is awesome..why not fly in the morning, spend a day, and fly back at night?

Participant

So, if I go to HK and come right back to Chengdu, I’ll get another 60-day stays? That would be awesome.

Keymaster

That sucks, but I wouldn’t expect the service to improve much with other Chinese airlines, to be honest. I would expect them to all have some variation of poor service.

That sucks man – I suppose with the 10 year visa types, that’s the way to go (direct flight and come right back), but HK is awesome..why not fly in the morning, spend a day, and fly back at night?

This is exactly what I would suggest also. Not only to prevent you from missing flights, but so that you can find some joy in your trip. Hong Kong is a place that I really enjoying visiting.

So, if I go to HK and come right back to Chengdu, I’ll get another 60-day stays? That would be awesome.

Yes, many visas work like this. Very long duration (10-years, etc) with 60 or 90-days per stay. It’s not too bad I guess, but Chengdu isn’t close to any border. If you’re in Shenzhen or Beijing (or anywhere near a border) it’s a lot more manageable.

Participant

Yes, many visas work like this.

I know Canada and US have these 10 year visas, have they expanded to other countries that you know of?

Participant

Sadly, no. Otherwise i would have gotten it long ago. So im still at 1 year/90 days. I could fly next day but price difference wasn’t worth it.

2dben You didn’t know? 🙂 Its like a standard way to renew limited stay visas. Especially, as Charlie said, if you’re close to any border.

Participant

I did not know, but I know now, which is great, cause I’m going to HK to visit friends anyway. I was thinking to file extension of my stay, but now it looks like I am all set. Yay!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.