Sichuan Uni Library/Canteen Card Help!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSichuan Uni Library/Canteen Card Help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey folks,

I’ve moved to a about three minutes from ChuanDa and have been trying to find a way into their library for the last week. My situation is this:

I work from home and am going crazy. I spend more time pacing in my underwear than I do actually getting anything done. I like libraries, have always worked in college libraries (from middle school through college), and want to get into this damn library.

But ChuanDa doesn’t want me there! Naturally, that makes me want to get in even more. I’ve taken this on as a challenge. It seems more productive procrastination than underwear pacing.

Basically, ChuanDa is not a public library and only student and faculty can get in. I don’t know any foreign ChuanDa students besides one or two, and they are leaving and want to take their cards with them as memorabilia. I’m not sure if they check the cards at the door.  I didn’t think they do but someone said they do. Otherwise, I would pool some Chinese friends and get it done.

Does anyone have any leads here? It would be dramatic to say my job depends on it, but my sanity sort of does. Help a dude out.

Sincerely,

underweared and overwrought

Participant

Also, will pay money. Real, mao-covered money.

The Chariman awaits you.

Participant

Umm. Find the cheapest uni course you can and become a student? Summer school maybe?

Participant

The only summer school options are 1 on 1 classes. They require 10 hours per week minimum at 120 kuai/45 minutes. It is absolutely shocking that anyone signs up for it at all.

The point person is getting tired of me asking about different things though, and is going to go ask the card makers (quite obviously trolls) if they make them for non-students.

I’m sure, unfortunately, that the answer will be no. Still hunting for an option!

Participant

Hey, Zack.

I’m a student from Sichuan University. You can use the student card to swipe without matching the face to get in. The books inside are almost all in Chinese. I can loan you my card to get in if you want.

Add my wechat: zoakiki

BTW, the greatest library in Sichuan University is actually in another campus called Jiang An Campus, which you need to take our school bus to go to. It’s really really BIG one, five-storey, brand-new.=D

Participant

Hey Kiki,

Thanks for your help! I know the books inside are all in Chinese. Part of why I want to get in there is I also want to use the facility to study/work.

I’m adding your wechat now!

Best,

Zak

Participant

Hey Zak you are so adorable. I dont know if you know this but there are several other libraries around town, including the wuhou district one near gaoshengqiao and 2nd ring road (maybe 1st, cant remember). It’s on the south east side of the street on the 2nd floor across the street fro a large book store and open to everyone, if you are just looking for a quiet place to get out of the house. It also has a ton of disgn and diy books if you are into that (I’m obsessed :p).

Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.