Skiing at Xiling Mountain?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSkiing at Xiling Mountain?

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We would love to go to either Xiling or Taiziling, does anyone know if there is snow now? Keep us updated if you hear about snow!

Participant

As of a week ago, there is snow at Taiziling, but it would be better if there was more. There were a few areas that were closed because of lack of snow, and that would’ve opened up more space for fun. As it was, it was pretty similar to skiing at some of the really small areas in the South Eastern United States.

I came across this today, which is very interesting to me: http://www.farwestchina.com/2015/01/see-xinjiang-winter.html

Participant

Hi Wazza I can drive you there with my car with 600RMB a day including round trip from Chengdu to Xiling snow mountain, helping you to buy the tickets, and getting the gears you need, and maybe help you to book a hotel if you need, or any other translations you need. But the hotels in Xiling Mountain is quite expensive, last December I paid around 700RMB for a very basic room, less than three stars. I can send you there Saturday morning and pick you up Sunday. If you need, send me a e-mail via [email protected]

Participant

Do they rent out snowboards at Taiziling or just skis? And are those properly maintained (like at least waxed)?

Participant

They’ve got both, and it seemed like at least half of the people out there on singleplanks. I can’t offer any insight into the snowboard’s conditions, but the skis were in pretty good shape.

Participant

@Shelly I hope you calculated your costs correctly 😀 seems on the very cheap end. I’m thinking of gas/potential issues cost as well as highway fees and any ancillary costs you might take on during your time spent.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.