GMO Rice in China?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGMO Rice in China?

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@ Charlie – Huaxi Hospital. I would not recommend them for most foreigners as fluent Chinese is essential but my Doctor wife claims that they regularly recalibrate their test equipment so the results can be trusted. I personally believe that there are plenty of other hospitals that would be just as accurate where you are not at risk of being trampled to death but who am I to argue with my wife when I have her to navigate the system of endless queues and elbow fights. I am not sure how much we pay here because she has swanned off to Thailand for a week with her daughter and granddaughter – some Buddhist excuse which I translate as window-shopping and overeating. But the hospitals are cheap here and I have encountered medical procedures at 1/20th of the prices charged in the USA.

However, you are far too young to be concerned with the prospect of gout since healthy eating is sufficient to keep such issues at bay until you are in your 60’s when your organs start to loose their efficiency.

Participant

Gout can occur earlier than the 60’s just like almost any other issue with health.

I personally know two in their 40’s that have it, one here in chiner…probably from all that cheap beer! 🙂

Participant

@ Charlie – the price for a blood test at the major hospitals in Chengdu to determine acid level, including Huaxi, is currently 60 rmb. My wife is medically of the opinion that an annual test is normally sufficient at the same time as cholesterol and glucose. Each individual test is approximately 60 rmb.

@ drjtrekker – yes, you are correct that people under the age of 60 can contract gout and 2 year olds can suffer from heart failure but it is not the norm as gout is largely the product of an unhealthy lifestyle, typically revolving around food/drink. As we get older the chances of contracting gout/heart failure/renal failure etc increase as our organs deteriorate. At Charlie’s age, a general practitioner would not normally have reason to test without symptoms unless there was a family history involved.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.