Stand Up Comedy Open Mic @ Bookworm.

HomeForumsIn ChengduStand Up Comedy Open Mic @ Bookworm.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Was your new year’s resolution to try new things? Then this is perfect, the first stand up comedy open mic night of the year is this Thursday January 15th, starts at 8PM and is free entry. 2 free beers for those who are brave enough to get up. If you want a slot then message me or just turn up on the night.

Also this Thursday tickets will go on sale for our first Saturday show of the year, the awesome Des Bishop (BBC, RTE, Edinburgh, Montreal, Melbourne…) will be playing January 31st. The last time he played, tickets sold out well in advance and our Saturday nights have been selling out recently so get your tickets from The Bookworm.

Thanks.

open mic

Keymaster

Congrats on all your recent success! I will likely assemble a small group to check out the event on the 31st. Hope it went well tonight, I hear nothing but good things about these events.

Participant

Looking forward to seeing Des Bishop again. He was hilarious last time.

Participant

Stand up comedy open mic is back, after a nice break we’re ready to get laughing again, next one will be Thursday March 12th, starts at 8pm @ The Bookworm, free entry.

Anyone is welcome to get up and have a go, first timers encouraged. If you want more info or to book a spot contact [email protected] or you can just turn up on the night and we’ll get you on. 2 free drinks for those that get up.

See you there!

Participant

Hi all,

My apologies but unfortunately we have had to cancel the open mic tomorrow night. We will be back in April, I promise!

Participant

Stand up comedy open mic is back (really this time!), after a nice break we’re ready to get laughing again, next one will be Thursday April 9th, starts at 8pm @ The Bookworm, free entry.

Anyone is welcome to get up and have a go, first timers encouraged. If you want more info or to book a spot contact [email protected] or you can just turn up on the night and we’ll get you on. 2 free drinks for those that get up.

See you there!

Participant

This Thursday May 14th 8pm @The Bookworm, stand up comedy open mic – come and give it a go- new comers encouraged – it’s a story to tell your friends back home.

Free entry, 2 free drinks for those brave enough to perform. See you there!

comedy

Participant

We are back again this Thursday (June 11th) 8pm free entry. New comers very much encouraged, why not get up and have a go? It’ll give you a story for the holidays.

comedyjun

Participant

I can’t read many Chinese characters. What is the address of Bookworm, and what part of town is it in? (North, South-East, etc.)

Keymaster

I can’t read many Chinese characters. What is the address of Bookworm, and what part of town is it in? (North, South-East, etc.)

It’s in the South of Chengdu, near the Nijiaqiao subway station. There’s a map on here: Bookworm on Chengdu Places

Participant

The Bookworm stand up comedy open mic is back this Thursday September 10th. Starts at 8pm and it’s free entry, 2 free beers for those who perform. It’s a very friendly crowd and first timers are encouraged, so if you’ve ever thought about giving stand up a go then this is your chance.

Thank you everybody that regular supports Chengdu live comedy, as I always say, it only happens because you come, when you stop coming it stops happening. Cheers.

Participant

Come shake off those first day back at work blues with live stand up comedy this Thursday (October 8th) at The Bookworm, free entry. And why not give it a go yourself, first timers are always encouraged and no one has regretted it yet!

Participant

seems cool

Keymaster

This was fun the other day. When’s the next one?

Participant

This was fun the other day. When’s the next one?

Cheers Charlie, next one is November 11th. We do it on the second Thursday of each month.

We always need more people to get up and its a great experience so if anyone is considering it then just do it.

Keymaster

We always need more people to get up and its a great experience so if anyone is considering it then just do it.

Cool, I might do that and I know several friends who are definitely also interested.

Participant

Open mic is back at Bookworm next Thursday December 10th – with some festive cheer (and maybe a bit about ISIS) a slightly later start time of 8:30 pm, free entry and everyone is welcome to get up and do a spot. See you there.

open mic xmas

Participant

We are back again this Friday(January 15th). December’s was an amazing night with 10 comics (all hilarious) mix of expats and locals and ran over 2 hours. Hope to keep it rolling with another great one this month. As always first timers encouraged. 8:30PM @Bookworm free entry.

jom

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.