The Best Coffee in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThe Best Coffee in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Meanwhile back at the ranch… Most of us unwashed folks will have Nescafe. Quick, easy and ok.

Participant

Meanwhile back at the ranch… Most of us unwashed folks will have Nescafe. Quick, easy and ok.

Participant
    Quote:
    Coffee geek dom

Quote:
    Meanwhile back at the ranch…Most of us unwashed folks will have Nescafe.Quick,easy and ok.

I think the preferred term in Melbourne is coffee nazi or, at the very least, coffee snob : ) Melbourne, washed and unwashed united, may in fact be the only city in the world to have virtually run Starbucks out of town. Go team!

Participant
    Quote:
    Coffee geek dom

Quote:
    Meanwhile back at the ranch…Most of us unwashed folks will have Nescafe.Quick,easy and ok.

I think the preferred term in Melbourne is coffee nazi or, at the very least, coffee snob : ) Melbourne, washed and unwashed united, may in fact be the only city in the world to have virtually run Starbucks out of town. Go team!

Participant
    Quote:
    Coffee geek dom

Quote:

Keymaster
    Quote:

Right – to the vast majority of Chinese people, Nescafe is “coffee”. I suggested that my office get a coffee machine a few months ago and they got a refrigerator-sized Nescafe dispenser that ejects a small paper cup and fills it with one of three flavors of instant coffee. I just laughed. When I showed them what an actual coffee machine looks like and explained the brewing process the response was “Oh, I don’t think we can handle that”.

Not much coffee culture here. Starbucks is slowly changing that, I guess. Even though most of their “coffee” these days looks like this:

starbucks-christmas.jpg

Keymaster
    Quote:

Right – to the vast majority of Chinese people, Nescafe is “coffee”. I suggested that my office get a coffee machine a few months ago and they got a refrigerator-sized Nescafe dispenser that ejects a small paper cup and fills it with one of three flavors of instant coffee. I just laughed. When I showed them what an actual coffee machine looks like and explained the brewing process the response was “Oh, I don’t think we can handle that”.

Not much coffee culture here. Starbucks is slowly changing that, I guess. Even though most of their “coffee” these days looks like this:

starbucks-christmas.jpg

Keymaster
    Quote:

starbucks-christmas.jpg

Participant

My pleasure Melina! in italy, in the working time usually we drink espresso… but every family at home have “moka” or “moca” because you can prepare for more people (family).

Project of Alfonso Bialetti

WIKI

This is my first time that I hear “macchinetta” but I believe in Australia use this word for the same stovetop 😉

Participant

My pleasure Melina! in italy, in the working time usually we drink espresso… but every family at home have “moka” or “moca” because you can prepare for more people (family).

WIKI

This is my first time that I hear “macchinetta” but I believe in Australia use this word for the same stovetop 😉

Participant

WIKI

Participant

WTF? “Cranberry White Chocolate Mocha”? That sounds horrible. Maybe GoChengdoo can get Dandoval to drink that thing.

Participant

WTF? “Cranberry White Chocolate Mocha”? That sounds horrible. Maybe GoChengdoo can get Dandoval to drink that thing.

Participant

Keymaster
    Quote:

They have it in the states also, it’s not exclusive to China. According to the official site it’s a 500 calorie drink with 59 grams of sugar. That’s like putting 15 cubes of sugar in your coffee.

Keymaster
    Quote:

They have it in the states also, it’s not exclusive to China. According to the official site it’s a 500 calorie drink with 59 grams of sugar. That’s like putting 15 cubes of sugar in your coffee.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Participant

Larry David orders a coffee Coffee

Participant

Participant

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.