The Best Coffee in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThe Best Coffee in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Quote:
    That’s like putting 15 cubes of sugar in your coffee.

That’s insane.

Participant
    Quote:

That’s insane.

Participant
    Quote:

That’s insane.

Participant
    Quote:
    This is my first time that I hear “macchinetta” but I believe in Australia use this word for the same stovetop 😉

Interesting! Now I’m going to have to find out where the word “macchinetta” comes from. My first guess is that it might be a southern vs. northern Italy thing…???

Participant
    Quote:
    This is my first time that I hear “macchinetta” but I believe in Australia use this word for the same stovetop 😉

Interesting! Now I’m going to have to find out where the word “macchinetta” comes from. My first guess is that it might be a southern vs. northern Italy thing…???

Participant
    Quote:

Quote:
    According to the official site it’s a 500 calorie drink with 59 grams of sugar

Come dummies, come and drink our $6 swill and tell your friends you will be in a bikini by Summer. Muahahahahahaha!!

Quote:

Come dummies, come and drink our $6 swill and tell your friends you will be in a bikini by Summer. Muahahahahahaha!!

Quote:

Participant

I also use one of the stove-top “mocha’ things. Works fine but warning; earlier this year my old old one musta been blocked. was waiting for the coffee to boil. Thought “man its taking a long time”. Suddenly it shot off the stove top into the ceilng, like a goddamned bottle rocket…..guess the pressure built up. Kids, don’t try this at home!

@melina: they ran starbucks outta melbourne? Damn, i been gone a LONG time…

Participant

I also use one of the stove-top “mocha’ things. Works fine but warning; earlier this year my old old one musta been blocked. was waiting for the coffee to boil. Thought “man its taking a long time”. Suddenly it shot off the stove top into the ceilng, like a goddamned bottle rocket…..guess the pressure built up. Kids, don’t try this at home!

@melina: they ran starbucks outta melbourne? Damn, i been gone a LONG time…

Participant

Ahahahah yes, forget Moka on the fire it’s terrible! maybe “macchinetta” it’s italy sounthern language, I must check too!

Participant

Ahahahah yes, forget Moka on the fire it’s terrible! maybe “macchinetta” it’s italy sounthern language, I must check too!

Participant

I think there’s still a few left, Ray, but not as many as they hoped. You’re from Melbourne but haven’t been there for a while? Man, you won’t recognize it. Foodie culture has just exploded to parody levels. When I go to a restaurant say in the inner city, I can barely recognize even half the dishes and/or ingredients on the menu. It might as well be in Chinese : )

Federico, either that or some dude in Melbourne just made it up to sound cool. That’s my other theory.

Participant

@Melina: Yeah i’m a yarraville/footscray wrong-side-of-the-river local. Melbourne always had a great cafe culture, from old-school Italian (Lygon street) to trendy hipster (St Kilda and later yarraville). I gotta say tho, that first time i ever hit a starbucks in NYC i honestly didnt know what half the shit was. I literally said to the guy “man, what do you call just a coffee?”. Ha ha. kinda like Steve Martin in “LA Story”. Check it out on-line, it’s a great scene! double-decaf-latte-mochacinno-soy-wtf…..

I remember there being some incredible cafe’s in St. Kilda just a few years back. Everyone seemed to be going nuts on Juice Bars at the time too, so lots of great places to grab something on the fly.

Quote:
    Ha ha. kinda like Steve Martin in “LA Story”. Check it out on-line, it’s a great scene! double-decaf-latte-mochacinno-soy-wtf…..

One of my favourite movies. I might just sit down and watch the dvd this weekend.

Keymaster

Kafe Stugan is considering selling small-runs of fresh roasted beans, I hear. This is great news for anyone grinding and brewing at home. I nabbed 250g of Papua New Guinea beans last night which were roasted last week. Score!

Quote:
    Kafe Stugan is considering selling small-runs of fresh roasted beans, I hear

Any idea what they’ll be charging per 250g?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Any idea what they’ll be charging per 250g?

No but maybe Daniel will see this and post some info. Pretty sure prices will be reasonable and the beans are tremendous, now drinking what I ground and brewed this morning.

Yeah, I saw the post 🙂

We are currently looking into selling beans but it will be a while before it’s up and running, March is our target.

In order to secure the freshness and a price as low as possible it will be a sort of subscription since we want to offer coffee beans as fresh as when we drip the coffee here at Kaffestugan.

We will update you more as soon as we sorted out the details.

Please feel free to drop us an email if you are interested for more information on this matter.

Daniel & Soojin

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.