Tips to Register at Police Station in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTips to Register at Police Station in Chengdu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

1.It’s better in 24 hours to register at police station when you arrive Chengdu;

2.You should go to the police station that is charging your area;

3.Paperworks you should prepare:

1)the copy of your passport and visa

2)the copy of your school or company acceptance

3)2 photo pictures(same with your passport)

4)the copy of apartment contract,including the landlord ID card copy

This is a bit of a random post.

I’ve done this quite a few times and have never had to provide no. 2 or 3.

Participant

They may ask for a passport photo the very first time you register at a particular police station, it just happened to me after moving house recently.

You don’t need 2), but it may help for filling in the field on the form for your school or company name and address, you can provide this information from memory; again this is only required if it’s your first time registration.

For 4), to be on the safe side, you need a copy of your landlord’s ID card, a copy of the apartment rental contract AND a copy of the first page of the landlord’s deed for the apartment, which proves that the landlord actually owns the apartment.

Participant

i post this tips because i help my France friends to register at police station

Participant

At least you no longer need that annoying form saying your landlord is responsible for any crimes you commit while living in the apartment, I even had to pay what I assume what a 100 kuai bribe just to get it the first time I moved here…

Keymaster

At least you no longer need that annoying form saying your landlord is responsible for any crimes you commit while living in the apartment, I even had to pay what I assume what a 100 kuai bribe just to get it the first time I moved here…

For real? That sounds like North Korea. I have never heard of that form before.

Participant

For real, I think I still have that form somewhere, it’s more than 4 years ago. I moved into Waitan, and you had to go to a tiny, tiny police office at the corner of Hongji Xinlu and Xingui cun, not the same one that you actually registered at.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.