Questions About Studying in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduQuestions About Studying in Chengdu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, I am going to be a software engineering student at Sichuan university this fall. I am going to start in October (which I want to ask if it is normal??).

I mostly want to ask about your opinions about the uni and the course I’m taking. Also, how is the atmosphere in this city? nightlife? part time jobs?

Also, where do you recommend me to live, in the dorm, or rent an apartment? How is the price difference?

Other information about myself that might be helpful: I am Moroccan, I have lived in Guangzhou for the past two years so I don’t mind the pollution, food, VPNs…. I can conduct general conversations in Chinese but I’m still going to take extra speaking classes.

AND THANK YOU 🙂

Keymaster

It’s hard to know how to answer your questions because they are so general. The atmosphere in the city is nice, nightlife is okay, part time jobs depend on your skill set, connections and how hungry you are for work. I would recommend renting an apartment over living in a dorm, but I’m not sure of the price difference, or what dorm costs are like at Sichuan University.

I know there are some other Moroccan expats in Chengdu, perhaps even a community of them?

Participant

Hi, new semester usually starts in Sep, so u should check with ur teacher. Sichuan university is a large and famous university in southwest China, so don’t worry about the university.

The atmosphere is colder than Guangzhou and have 4 seasons. When u get here in Oct it will be autumn and getting colder everyday, so u should prepare some long sleeve cloth.

Nightlife is pretty much the same in most cities. As for part-time jobs, i think it should be easy for u to find 1 teaching foreign languages.

I don’t know about the dorm, but if u want rent 1 room apartment the price is around 1600RMB/month.

If u want more info please contact my wechat: 494479149. PS: Im also majored in software and now doing a job as programmer. I’ll be glad to be friends with u 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.