Seeking Medical Assistance

HomeForumsIn ChengduSeeking Medical Assistance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A upper respiratory issue that’s been bothering me for 4 weeks, and that I have received treatment for 2x prior to arriving, has become significantly worse in the last 18 hrs since arriving. Don’t think it’s air quality related.

Where does a Western person go for trusting medical advice/treatment?

We are to travel to some hot springs in about 4 hrs where reservations  can’t be cancelled, but regardless my girlfriend who is a Chengdu local wants me to go to a hospital.

Is there any other option and if not which hospital do I go to?

Sorry to feel a need to place this post, when so new to the place.

WFR

Keymaster

Listen to your girlfriend, go to the hospital. Since you do not speak Chinese, follow her guidance. If you want to see a Western doctor, it will cost you, but you can do that. Google “Global Doctors Chengdu” and you will find all the info.

Participant

First access to web since earlier message.

I’m constantly sipping some Chinese herbal syrup for severe Bronchitis to attempt to cope … with some, albeit limited success.

Mate, I suspect you well know there is no “Goggle” in China (at least none I have been able to access)

Also, I don’t give a damn about the cost Charlie … that’s why one purchases travel insurance!

Participant

Pirate,

Try ParkwayHealth
    18 Wan Xiang North Road, Fu Cheng BLVD (next to Chengdu No 1 People’s Hospital)

+86 29 8531 7899

http://www.parkwayhealth.cn

p.s. Some of us have VPN so visiting places like goodle isnt an issue

Participant

My sincere thanks OT … last night finished off my 2nd large bottle of Chinese herbal syrup…..

Participant

Parkway is closed until the 8th.  Went there yesterday to have an infected foot looked at.  Ended up at 1st People’s emergency room. Industrialized medicine at its best, although they were very helpful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.