US/Canadian Relocating in November

HomeForumsIn ChengduUS/Canadian Relocating in November

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have just discovered this great resource and registered so I can begin to get some advise on Expat Serviced Apartments. I am thinking that I want to be in the CBD (perhaps the Ascot) since there will be some English speaking people to help my wife integrate (and also to help me). My office is outside of the 4th Ring Road, but I will have a driver so the commute is not a big deal. Right now it’s taking me 35 minutes in the AM and 60 minutes at night to the hotel in the region.

Since I only know this area, are there others that may offer similar benefits (some western shopping and a mix of English speaking residents)?

Thanks very much for allowing me to gain some valuable insights before I am here permanently

Keymaster

Welcome!

If you’re new to the city I would suggest that you consider living closer to your place of work. Depending on your work hours, with the arrangement you describe, you will be spending a great deal of time in transit, even with a driver. During rush hour, the subway can be considerably faster than driving depending on which stops you’re traveling between or whether you have to switch lines at Tianfu Square, etc.

Participant

Charlie, Thanks very much I will definitely look at options closer to work

Peter

Hey Peter, which general direction from the centre will you be working?

Tongzilin/Yulin area has a lot of expats compared to other areas of the city. Europe City, Master and Utopia are all heavily westernised housing complexes, to the south between ring roads 2 & 3.

When I came out here my company helped put us in touch with a relocation company, Modern Family, who are pretty good. Could be worth getting in touch with them if you want to get a head start before you land – http://www.modernfamily.cn/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.