Volleyball in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduVolleyball in Chengdu?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there any place where you can play Volleyball in Chengdu? It doesn’t matter which level, I would love to find some people who want to play, just for fun or also for competition. I’m living in the south east of Chengdu. Does anyone know some place to play or is interested in starting a frequent team? Thanks for your help!

Participant

oh! I wanna play volleyball!! 😀

Participant

Would love to join! Am new to Chengdu, but I do know university campuses usually have volleyball courts…

Participant

I’ve always been interested in playing volleyball but haven’t had the chance. If you don’t mind I’m a beginner I’d like to join.

Participant

So we are already 4 people, nice! Does someone has the chance to check if it’s possible to play somewhere on the campus? I am also new to Chengdu and don’t speak chinese, that’s why it’s hard for me to find out anything..

Participant

The volleyball courts (or any sport court) on university campuses in China are usually always open to the public. As far as reservations for a specific time frame goes, I am a little clueless, but I can surely find out. It would just be a matter of figuring out a convenient campus to meet up at (as you might be aware China is big, Chengdu is big, and there are many universities).

Participant

As for me, it would have to be during the weekend, because I am a bit far from Chengdu centre. But I might be able to convince a friend to come with me 😀

Participant

Okay, how about Sunday afternoon? Or does anyone prefer Saturday? And as far as I know, I can take the bus #77 to the university, maybe I will just go there this week and check out if this is close to the sport courts and where we could meet.

Participant

Just to make it clear for everyone: Which university are we talking about here? And more importantly, which campus?

Also down for vball.

Participant

There are courts at the Southwest University of Nationalities. But it might be far for some of you. I’m down to play volleyball also.

Participant

Hey MC, I have no clue in which university or campus we could play, also you seem to know the city much more than me. So how about you suggest a place to go? I will keep looking for something, but it would be great if you can help. And maybe we should start a mailing list so that we don’t have to visit the forum for new answers. How does this sound?

Participant

Anywhere will do for me. Southwest University of Nationalities works fine for me, as does the weekend. We would just have to decide of a place to meet? Henry?

Participant

Are we playing on Saturday or Sunday? I live near caifujungxin, so I’ll probably meet you guys at the university or somewhere nearby if you guys want to meet up.

Participant

I’ve never been to the Southwest, so maybe someone who lives there could propose a place to meet? Close to me is only the Sichuan University.. But I’m fine with the University of Nationalities. And I would prefer to play on sundays.

Participant

How about playing volleyball tomorrow, 6th of October? We could meet at the bus station 一环路南四段  which is on S 4th section, 1st Ring Road. It’s very close to the south entrance of the Southwest University of Nationalities and many bus lines stop there (10, 19, 27, 34, 45, 59, 72, 77, 115, 306, 904) I would propose 5pm, but we could change that. Who is in?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.