How to Buy a Raspberry Pi?

HomeForumsIn ChengduHow to Buy a Raspberry Pi?

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Avatar photoBen.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Except buy it from Taobao? Any cheap way to buy a pi from oversea?

Participant

http://mall.egoman.com.cn/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=218 This is the pi distributor for China, china-only version. Seems he is using taobao store to handle the purchase processing though. Do you really think ordering from overseas and risking customs duty / having higher cost could possibly be cheaper for an item already so cheap? I’d guess not 😀 It’s less than a bottle of booze at a club already!

Participant

I will buy it on taobao eventually, but things on taobao sometime the seller will play words game with you. Just try to find out if there are something to compare with taobao ones.

Electronic stuff is really cheap on taobao, even a pirate design, but most of them  work good most of the time.

Participant

Alex.  Our Swedish buddy, Niklas, picked one up off Taobao and has been tinkering with it for some time without issue.  I could ask him who he bought from..

Participant

Thanks, Mr. Klink, I’llt ask him, XD

Participant

I bought mine from http://qingpengsm.tmall.com
    Saw that they also import the one that’s made in the UK.
    I’m happy with my China-made Raspberry Pi 🙂

Not sure, but I think sparkfun.com and adafruit.com ships worldwide.

Participant

I’ll get the taobao one! Since it work fine!

btw, what are you wokring on with the Pi,niklas?

New Raspberry Pi released:

The Model B+ uses the same BCM2835 application processor as the Model B. It runs the same software, and still has 512MB RAM; but James and the team have made the following key improvements:

More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model B.

More USB. We now have 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour.

Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.

Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.

Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.

Neater form factor. We’ve aligned the USB connectors with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/introducing-raspberry-pi-model-b-plus/ 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.