Weekend Jungle-Gym Training at Xinhua Park

HomeForumsIn ChengduWeekend Jungle-Gym Training at Xinhua Park

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoDan.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

There’s already a topic about “extreme bar workouts in Chengdu” but since Chengdu is a huge city I thought I’d write one specifically about XinHua park.

I’ve started going to the jungle gym at XinHua park every weekend. They have a huge jungle gym, all equipment (even ones I’ve never seen before that are useful) and even basketball courts and pingpong tables.

It’s really busy with people who are actually working out which is actually better for motivation. As well as people doing other cool activities, for example today 2 old men were playing strange Chinese instruments really well, things like this makes the experience so much more interesting than the indoors gym.

I don’t mind working out alone here (at first 10 people will be staring at me, but they quickly get bored of me and go back to working out), however if someone would like to join there would be some benefits. Sometimes I am a bit lazy on weekend mornings because I have no deadline out the door, but if  I were to schedule meeting someone for outdoors workout at 10 every Saturday and/or Sunday it would force me to be efficient in the morning.

My workout goals is to be able to do cool things like muscle ups and planche pushups.

Keymaster

This is a cool idea. I would like to have some kind of regular weekend activity which forces me to wake up early. Recently on weekends I’ve been sleeping until noon on weekends after going to the Poly Center the previous night. It’s not a great habit. Unfortunately Xinhua park is very far from where I live so this won’t be convenient for me. Good luck!

Turtle, sounds like an awesome way to get out and immerse yourself. I know I’m not the only one that walks by those jungle gyms and gets an itch to play around or work out on them.

What part of the city is Xinhua park? Don’t know if I’ve ever been around there. Curious to check it out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.